Monday, February 08, 2010

Get your motor runnin'

I took my mommymobile to Spokane, not my motorcycle. In light of the barely abover freezing temperatures across the pass and over much of eastern WA, it seemed the wiser choice.
Not to mention two Things and all our things would never fit.


We made good time on the road both ways and the kids are finally old enough I don't have to stop for potty and sprint breaks every hour or two.


We had a great visit with the fam and the return trip was painless til we hit our hometown and had a HUGE traffic jam to wait out. I decided to just stop for dinner, forget waiting for an hour in traffic. I had already been sitting there for 5 hours.





Anyway, what I WANTED to share is this, the halfway point to Spokane is Vantage, WA, which is where the interstate crosses the Columbia River, and it is usually gorgeous, but always impressive.

Radio is NOT happening on this stretch of road and as the gods of the random tracks would have it, while we crossed this bridge, both Friday and Monday, the song playing was In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel. It is a concert version of it, and I love it.

in your eyes
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
in your eyes
the resolution of all the fruitless searches
in your eyes
I see the light and the heat
in your eyes
oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light,
the heat I see in your eyes


-----------------------

Yah yah, so I am a child of the 80s, whatever,
I unabashedly LOVE this song.
Love, love, love...

3 comments:

Jeni said...

I love it when so many of my blogger buddies post photos of the areas around where they live and I can then (Should I need to use this line again with a child recalcitrant about learning to read) tell folks how great it is to be able to be in one's own home, warm, comfy, food and drink nearby, and be able to tour the world -vicariously yes, through someone else's eyes!
Love the picture of the Columbia River and the bridge! Thanks for showing it here.

Anonymous said...

In Your Eyes is a great song. I loved the way it was used in "Say Anything..."

lime said...

well this child of the 80s rather likes that song too and yay for the serendipity of a great song coinciding wit ha gorgeous bit of scenery.