- I have been helping Thing Two with redecorating his room. If we both survive the experience it should be quite rewarding.
- Mr. Logo and Thing One have been renovating a boat he was given. It is about 18 feet long. It is a 1965 fiberglass inboard/outboard and they are hoping to have it ready in time to fish some pinks. As suggestive as it may sound I am actually completely ok with my husband and son going out because the humpies are running.
- My children each set fire to about $25 worth of fireworks over the holiday. They were in a patriot play and learned that John Adams would have wanted it that way. After all, he said~
“I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance; it ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations (fireworks) from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.”
- We had 20 some odd members of my extended family over for a picnic this last weekend (so, yes, some were, quite literally odd) and had a great time. The 4 teenage boys, Thing One and assorted cousins, played football, even including the younger sibling a bit. It didn't end til there was blood (just from a knee) and some tears ("It was an accident!") and stinging nettle rash on a couple of them. Good times, good, good times.
- Thing One was forced to sign a Teen Driver's Contract with his parents, because we are cruel, overbearing parents who disapprove of running red lights and other nonsense like that. Some people! Thank GOD he can't get his license til next year.
- It seems my old computer is getting a new hard drive and will relocate to Thing Two's bedroom. In what has been described as wanton cruelty, I decided he would not have internet access on that computer, but he could use it for offline gaming and doing school work. He does have his own account on my laptop for internet access but it's not the same.
- I decreed my children would arise before 10 am tomorrow. This inspired such disbelief and horror you would have thought I sold them into slavery.
- Thing One recently heard my husband make a comment about someone being a "mouthy redhead" and assumed he was the subject being discussed. Yah, not so much.