Thursday, January 12, 2012

boob toob

Over the holiday break I watched more TV than I have in... probably the preceding 11 months of the year at least, possibly the last TWO years.

My papa was visiting, Thing One and Thing Two were on break from school (the Christmas break is much longer now than it was when I was homeschooling them both, but then I was actually teaching things) and even Mr. Logo had some time off.

There was a lot of Phineas & Ferb and Dr. Who.

My dad introduced us to The Mentalist, and forced us to watched some NCIS too.

I watched a couple hours of Castle- Nathan Fillion is pretty fun to watch.
I finally got around to watching a some episodes The Big Bang Theory, I was amused.
I also watched one or two shows from All-American Muslims. It's not going to be something I'm deeply committed to watching, but it was interesting.

After Christmas day TV watching stopped almost completely because The Things are busy with Zelda, Skyward Sword.

Go, Link!

7 comments:

lime said...

i rarely get control of the remote and live in a house with two sports obsessed males but we do agree on the merits of big bang theory and i did catch a couple episodes of american muslim. also found that interesting.

Logophile said...

Lime~ I rarely get possession either but my standing rule is, If I am folding laundry, I get to watch whatever I want. If Mr. Logo objects I offer to let him fold the laundry.

Works every time.

I actually checked out Big Bang Theory because while you were out here you said you enjoyed it.
It was a good recommendation!

Anonymous said...

awwwww....then you missed the post-christmas broadcast of nude midget roller-derby

Jocelyn said...

I've wanted to see the ALL-AMERICAN MUSLIMS show...how come it's not something that really turned your crank?

Logophile said...

Coop~ Golly, what a loss, hm? Oh well, I will try to find a way to pull through despite my disappointment.

Joc~ It feels like there is a lot of potential but something is just not quite clicking. Maybe it's because the show is trying to walk the line between being something like a documentary style look at their lives and yet grab attention by being a bit of a reality show.
It is mostly pretty well done, and they are featuring some really interesting families. It was a good watch, but it falls short of compelling for me.

weirsdo said...

My impression from promos and brief glimpses was that The Big Bang Theory was another one of Hollywood's "laugh at the nerdy intellectuals" excretions. Am I wrong?

Logophile said...

Weirsdo~ I have to admit, until I heard Lime enthuse about it I never would have watched. There are moments of "laugh at the nerds" but there are moments of laugh at the normals too.
Give it a try!