Friday, March 28, 2008

55 Flash Fiction Friday

Well, it's Friday, had you noticed? There some exciting things round these parts but I shall wait to share those details till later. For now, I'll just point out that Fridays are a great time to write flash fiction, and if you do, there are other people who want to know about it! You can hook up with them over HERE.



My flash fiction:





Ice tinged wind scrapes my face, a fitting herald. Once inside, empty eyes and cold smiles top prim versions of the latest fashions. The woman who’s undoubtedly been assigned to welcome newcomers approaches. My replies to her small talk questions become progressive more outrageous till her facade cracks into a genuine smile. Perhaps there’s hope.

9 comments:

Gill said...

Bravo!!!
Humour has diffused many a precarious situation and relaxed many a pretentious buttwad.
Love ya girl!
xoxo

Jocelyn said...

You know, that gift of charm is so rare. Don't let up on the stiff faces, eh?

Joe Jubinville said...

Where there's lunch, there's hope.

lime said...

i so want to arrive at some prim tea party on the back of red molly with you.

furiousBall said...

this was nice amiga, i want some tea now

cathy said...

I bet you could make the exhibits at Madame Tussards smile.

S said...

OMG You had to do a LUNCHEON?
:O


LUNCHEONNNNNN
LUNCHEONNNN
LUNCHEONNNN!!!!

Jacob said...

Croly HAP! How do you DO that? I am impressed. As usual. And I am sticking with what Joe says.

I hope. I hope.

Hobbes said...

Wow. You packed a lot into 55 words!