Friday, December 14, 2012

♪ It’s the holiday season, so whoop-de-doo ♫

I am getting into the Christmas groove... slowly.
I got a fabulous gift in the mail from Lime which helped, but the last couple years it's been an uphill sort of season. In 2009 this was a distinctly un-festive time of year and in the intervening years it's gotten better but November through January is still not exactly my favorite time of year these days. Which is a shame, because I have typically been really into Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, not to mention all the bonus holidays we celebrate in there (Winter Solstice, Festivus, Boxing Day, and Befana aka. Epiphany).

It's just the journey, and it's normal, and blah blah blah but since I like to imagine myself as incredibly strong, resilient, and unflappable I actually have to remind myself not to get affected about the fact I am affected. It's not a bad thing. 

I decided this year not to wait for the rest of the family to take point on the holiday prep as I have the last two years. I decorated for Christmas and today I am having some friends over for a little Christmas tea. I am sure it will be awesome once we get going but right now I am sitting in my bedroom, still in my jammies wondering why I thought this was a good idea.

Ah, good times. 

So, off I go to have some delicious Chinese tea from my friend and feel very loved and understood and then I am going to get dressed and spend some time with my friends and just get on with it already.

It's part of my gradual campaign to have less, "Bah humbug!" in my holidays and more, "God bless us, every one!"

4 comments:

lime said...

glad a little tin of tea can help in the process. i love you, dear friend. hugs from all the way over on the other coast.

Bijoux said...

I'm so sorry, Logo. It's awful to lose a loved one during the holidays, especially when it's your Mom.

Logophile said...

Limey~ Thanks so much. That tea is delish and I did indeed have a good time. Good friends make so much difference
;)


Bijoux~ Thank you. It can be hard for me to be as compassionate to myself as I would be to a friend. I am learning though!

Anonymous said...

some honey in mine, please. a cinnamon raisin english muffin would be nice too...

hope the tea was fun....