Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Flash Nonfiction in 55 words

Wind and engine noise combine into a song as I ease into 5th gear and lean into a curve. Pressure on the handlebar, lean just a little, roll on the throttle, and Red Molly flies through the twisty like a low-flying plane. The sunshine sparkles on the water, it’s a beautiful day for a ride.
______________________________

Today I am taking Red Molly to the Olympic Peninsula which will include a ferry ride. I will visit with some friends there and then head home this evening. It is another gorgeous day and I am so looking forward to the ride.
Oops, I mean, it's raining... again...still more.
You'd hate it here.

6 comments:

S said...

Yeah, it's gonna be really cold and icky, and you'll freeze. I don't know why you wanna go and do that to yourself.
Folk that live up there is just plain crazy.

:P

I played too.

Breazy said...

Have a good time in all that horrible weather..lol!

lime said...

oh the envy......it's been so long.....

Fred said...

You'd hate it even more here. A lady named Fay is due for a drive-by rain soaking tomorrow.

Jocelyn said...

Could you be any more blissed out?

Hobbes said...

I beg to differ.