Sunday, April 01, 2007

Tagged AGAIN?

Thinking Blogger Award


Evidently
Dorky Dad REALLY liked the job I did on the meme I stole from him the other day, that “Seven songs I am listening to at the moment” once.
I am going to do another meme from him, but it’s totally legit this time, he tagged me with due process and everything. I even have witnesses.
This is what he said about me:
Logophile. Logo is awesome. She rides a motorcycle. She has adorned her house with a flying *fish [sic]. She hangs out with large lava lamps and buys cheap shirts.”

*It’s a frog, a flying FROG*

I’m not sure what all that makes him think ABOUT but hey, he called me awesome so I am taking it.
I am distraught though. I am meant to only tag 5 people whose blogs make me think?
How is that humanly possible? As DD pointed out, there is an unbelievable depth to this world we inhabit together. How could I possibly make a list of thinking bloggers and not point out
Balou, who is artistic and musical and funny as all get out, or
Egan, who is quite possibly my favorite monkey boy in the entire blog world as well as an expectant father with a heart of at least semi-precious metal? Or
Jocelyn who has entertained and provoked thought as well as making me acutely self-conscious about my comma splices, inappropriate use of parens, conjunctions, and general laziness of language use while blogging. There is also

Annie, a new mommy from not too far away, who I recently discovered and

Nessa whose recent advice on interviews and resumes is a must read for job hunters and employers alike and whose art, drawn and written is quite amazing.

Blue relaxes me and

Amanda sings, and sleeps, and doesn't sleep, and feels and thinks and shares.

Dog Daze gives one insight into how dogs think and

Rusty gives us...his view on things.

Lily and Dorky Dad give me a view into life in Minnesota.

Diesel, Mr. Fab, and Dan never fail to amuse, and Pants is hysterical when she’s posting.

Seamus is always thought provoking…when he is around.

Mireille is incredibly thoughtful, and smells good as well.

G, and Al, and Neva of the greater New York area are always good for making one think, or at least snicker and when Sar is brawling there’s a lot to think about there.

There’s Gawpo, Chikken, and Just Tom, all three from Oregon.

Then there are some of my foreign blogs; Monika (Iceland), Kyahgirl (Canada), Damasta (Texas), Scaramouche Jones (Ireland) and Vera (Canada) and Weirsdo (Veryredstate). They give me insight into places I will never live and that is always a good think.

No list of bloggers would be completely without mentioning my hijacker pals who make me laugh and think, and touch my heart. Lime, Susie, Snavy, Breazy, Village Idiot, Thom, and BS are my oldest blogging buddies and our friendships started before that.
BUT,
If I have to narrow it down to 5, and ONLY 5 selections I would go with these.


Waking Ambrose~ Doug hosts a definition of the day free for all. The best fun is usually in the comment section. Weekends have been featuring the ongoing adventures of Diogenes. While my presence there has been infrequent of late it is one of my favorite thoughtful corners of the web (it’s a corner cuz Doug claims to be a square).

Candace~ This homeschooling, asskicking, cat loving writer, reader, and all around handy chick can be relied on to give you something fun to think about.

Grunt~ Wacky, wild, and always thought provoking, if only because of wondering, What the ****?

Actonbell~ One of the daughters of the amazing TLP. She shares book and film reviews and tells wonderful stories, in such a very refined manner too, thank you very much. If I ever grow up, I want to be more like Actonbell. Even her name is clever, sigh

Somewhere Joe~ What to say, what to say? Every word he writes takes me away and his photos are often the means of transport. Meditations shared, wry amusements observed, memories relived and thoughts provoked while you wait. He not only thinks; he makes thinking feel good.

There are my five, if you wish to pass the praise along choose five bloggers who make you think.

15 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

Awwww. Thanks for the shout, girl. =) I'm home having a sickie Sunday and that made me feel SOOOO good!!!

S said...

LMAO ....I don't think you could get a visa to Texas, Logo, you are too weird. Perhaps you oughta try another foreign country.

You can all thank me for the giant font....

:P

lime said...

well i am glad to know PA is not considered a foreign country in your book.

good stuff logo, and you certainly are a thinky one yourself!

Joe Jubinville said...

I do? You know, Lo, "he makes thinking feel good" is one of the lovliest things anyone has said about me in their blog, or my blog, or any blog, or anywhere. But (and I probably shouldn't tell you this) you had me at But wow. I'm in good company.

armalicious said...

I love it that you count Texas as a foreign country. Makes me giggle for some reason. I'm agreeing with Lime - there is excellent stuff here. I'm so glad that I started reading your stuff a few months ago. And I can't wait to read more of your stuff!

Logophile said...

Ann~ Well, glad I could do something to cheer you up!

Susie~ They let in Texas, twice even! So there :p

lime~ Nah, PA isn't a different country, its just the wrong coast.

Joe~ Oh man, what a pic! ;p I always leave your blog feeling I've been somewhere, and I like that. mwah

Armanda~ :p It felt foreign when I was there! and thank you, ma'am.

The Grunt said...

Yeah, I was all like WTF?

Thanks logo!

Bsoholic said...

Huzzah! Those hijackers sure are crazy too! ;)

Anonymous said...

I think you should have listed us first. ;p

You brighten my world and I luff you.

Also, looks like you hijacked my meme week idea...

Gill said...

A thinking list as only you could put together, naturally~!
I have no worries about your lazy use of language...that is what blogger is for! Just read my poorly written blog.
However, your list is great, and I am off to check out each and everyone of them.
xCheersXO

egan said...

The stage sure is crowded. Thanks for the virtual nod partner.

robkroese said...

I try not to make anybody think.

Balou said...

Thanks Logo ((hugs))! I've got some reading to do. I think my linkyloos list will be getting longer! You have good taste.

DaMasta said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! I didn't know Texas was so foreign to you (did you think we rode horses everywhere?? I know you did :P) but maybe I should talk about it more.. for instance, did you know we never get snow?!? :P

I've found some great blogs by your reccomendations so I'll have to go check some of those out!

C said...

Well I am truly flattered. :) Thank you. ^_^