Saturday, February 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

I am posting this a day early because I am going to be busy tomorrow, on my actual birthday.

I thought we would start with some interesting things about February 18th itself.
On this day in:
1478 - George, Duke of Clarence, convicted of treason against his older brother Edward IV of England, is privately executed in the Tower of London.
Maybe not such a great day for him.
1797 - Trinidad is surrendered to a British fleet under the command of Sir Ralph Abercromby.
That one is for you, Lime.
1861 - With the Italian unification almost complete, King Victor Emmanuel II of Piedmont, Savoy and Sardinia assumes the title of King of Italy.
Until we lived in Italy had not realized the modern country of Italy was this young, the things you learn.
1930 - While studying photographs taken in January, Clyde Tombaugh discovers Pluto.
Hmmm, poor Pluto, not one of the cool kids anymore.
1991 - The IRA explodes bombs in the early morning at both Paddington station and Victoria station in London.
This is no way to celebrate my birthday, people!
2001 - NASCAR legend Ralph Dale Earnhardt is killed in a crash during the last lap of the Daytona 500.
Must NOT disrespect the dead, alot of people loved him, and some of them even have all their teeth.
2003 - Nearly 200 people die in the Daegu subway fire in South Korea
Well, come on, now, this is just getting depressing!
2004 - Up to 295 people, including nearly 200 rescue workers, die near Neyshabur in Iran when a run-away freight train carrying sulfur, petrol and fertiliser catches fire and explodes.
I wonder what disaster awaits us all this year?
Alright, now for some famous February 18th folks.

1516 - Queen Mary I of England (d. 1558)
1530 - Uesugi Kenshin, Japanese samurai and warlord (d. 1578)
1745 - Alessandro Volta, Italian physicist (d. 1827)
1838 - Ernst Mach, Austrian physicist (d. 1916)
1848 - Louis Comfort Tiffany, American glass artist (d. 1933)
1892 - Wendell Willkie, American politician (d. 1944)
1896 - Andre Breton, French writer (d. 1966)
1898 - Enzo Ferrari, Italian race car driver (d. 1988)
1906 - Hans Asperger, Austrian pediatrician (d. 1980)
1909 - Wallace Stegner, American writer (d. 1993)
1919 - Jack Palance, American actor (d. 2006)
1922 - Helen Gurley Brown, American editor
1931 - Toni Morrison, American writer, Nobel laureate
1933 - Yoko Ono, Japanese-born singer
1936 - Jean Auel, American writer
1947 - Dennis DeYoung, American musician (STYX)
1948 - Keith Knudsen, American drummer and songwriter (The Doobie Brothers) (d. 2005)
1950 - John Hughes, American director
1950 - Cybill Shepherd, American actress
1952 - Juice Newton, American singer
1953 - Robbie Bachman, Canadian drummer (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
1954 - John Travolta, American actor
1957 - Marita Koch, German athlete
1957 - Vanna White, American game show presenter
1962 - Julie Strain, American actress
1964 - Matt Dillon, American actor
1968 - Molly Ringwald, American actress
1969 - Jason Sutter, American drummer (Smash Mouth, American Hi-Fi)
1970 - Raine Maida, Canadian musician (Our Lady Peace)
1980 - Regina Spektor, Russian-born singer and songwriter
1981 - Buddy Nielsen, American singer (Senses Fail)

On my actual birthday, if all goes to plan, I should have a nice birthday gift over HERE that I will share with you all. Ladies, you are welcome.

For my last day of being 35 I am going for a nice long ride on my new bike with its new highway bars all installed by the man of my dreams (THAT'S MR.LOGO!!).

Then I will be ready to start a whole new year as a 36 year old.

Wow, 36, its gonna be a great year!

29 comments:

Rusty Nails said...

HA! 36. She doesn't look a day over 25. And no matter how long her days, she'll always be my Smokin' Hot Motorcycle Mama! Yeah, baby, ya make me randy!

armalicious said...

Have a great birthday! And what a great picture!

Oh, and didn't know Jack Palance died last year! I liked him.

lime said...

dahling, yo ulook mahvelous. and you know it is important to look good.

i'm so proud of you for including some trini history. certainly much less depressing than many other items. have a very happy 36th birthday my dearest logo!

Joe Jubinville said...

I see you've heeded the advice of the inimitable Coco Chanel - after you're completely dressed, take one thing off...

(Do you have an overhead shot?)

Anonymous said...

I love your birthday suit! I thought you had bunny ears for a minute and realized it was your cute footsies. Enjoy the week-end dear...and becoming 36...it just gets better! Mwah.

Gill said...

Look at those delicious curls? How DO you tame those? Mine look frizzy so I straighten. Had a great blow out this morning from Henry Charles across the road infact.
Ah LOGO, what a better way to celebrate one's getting closer to 40 than, dare I say, a romp in the nude? You got it going on girl, you and, to quote the famous Hannibal Lechter, "Love the suit."
xoxo

Gill said...

BTW...Your present awaits you here,

http://bluestranquilitybase.blogspot.com/

Nessa said...

Happy Birthday, Logo. You are in some wonderful company. 36 is a great age to be: young enough to enjoy yourself, old enough to know how.

S said...

OMG You and Yoko have the same birthday? I am soooo impressed...
Finally I know what it is that I love about you.....


Happy Birthday Missy Miss! You look hawt in ya bday suit!

Anonymous said...

Rusty AKA Mr. Logo~ You say the sweetest thing, sugahmouth. Now go make dinner :p

Arm~ Thanks! Jack was pretty fun to watch, wasn't he?

Lime~ Thank you thank you, I thought you would enjoy that.

Joe~ Coco was a genius, wasn't she? As for that other matter, well, sorry, that is classified.

Cindra~ Thanks! I plan on enjoying 36 even more than 35.

Blue~ Oh you need Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey, its the only way to go! Great book, excellent advice, made all the difference in the world. Thanks for the compliment and I can't wait to go see my pressie!

Nessa~ Aw, thanks, I've been amazed by how many people are 36 this year, quite good company.

Susie~ Yup, Yoko and I are on the same day, and you know you love more than that about me ;)
Thanks baby

Anonymous said...

Look at you all dressed up in your birthday suit!!!

Happy Birthday 1st!!!

It's midnight here!!!!

Jacob said...

It was you that broke up the Beatles!

My Happy Birthday hum(mer?) over the phone was a day early. I never get things right in my Palm Pilot IIIxe. Oh well, better a day early, yes? I will change it to the 18th.

You do look SO wonderful in the picture, Ms. LP. Cindra and I agreed you look as lively as any Mette Bidler. It took Kinko's 6 hours to make my ceiling sized print. They have that new "Windows Extropolator" software that can take any photo and show whatever side you choose the way it would appear. My ceiling light pokes out through your navel, hope you don't mind.

Love to you! Love to you! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Joe Jubinville said...

You say it's your birthday...

Well happy birthday to you! Hope it's "semi-perfect" and then some.

Logophile said...

Snavy~ You are amazing, and prompt, and you have such fresh minty breath.

Gawpo~ Thank you for the birthday song, you are a sweet, and yes, better early than late, or never! That would be awful. Glad you are keeping Kinko's in business, even if it is in such a disturbing way :p I would never mind being compared to the Divine Ms. M, she is FABULOUS, as well as lively!

Joe~ Thank you! Mr. Logo is making me Thai food for dinner and I've already gotten two CDs I really, really like. Now I am finishing my tea and getting ready to go back to bed. It's going great and its not even 10 o'clock yet!

Paul said...

I hope you, family and friends all made pleasant memories in honor of your B-day totday.

Enjoy!

Gill said...

I had to cruise over here this morning and sit down with you and pontificate on the glorious number 36 over a hot cup of cha.
May I say, you look lovely this morning, last night didn't faze you one bit!
Thanks for the curl advice, I need it because in the summer I grow it long and let it fly wild! Norah Jones style! Going to the hairdresser all the time gets too costly, and the humidity kills any blowout the minute you step out the door. I worship you if this works for me!!! Mwah, have a great day!
xo
Paul, why didn't you come to Lo's party? Crazy man, you missed all the fun.

Dan said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Logophile!
Happy Birthday to you!

So many cool, deadly things happened on your birthday! Awesome!

I love that photo of you. Hugs and kisses.

Doug The Una said...

Happy birthday, Logo!

S said...

Ooh there she is again! My heart goes pitter patter....

Swoon! Swoon!

Tom & Icy said...

Happy birthday from all of us and many more. We love how you made that photo. Art!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, hottie! XOXOXO
oh, and a pinch...for that extra inch...wherever you might want it!

Unknown said...

JULIE STRAIN? Why is Julie Strain on that list?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY one day late.

C said...

Happy Birthday! You look absolutley stunning in your Birthday Suit. :)

Here's hoping it's a disaster-free day. ^_^

Logophile said...

Paul~ Thank you for that very kind birthday wish, who could ask for more?

Blue~ Yummm, tea! Hope that works for you, the Curly girl tips, they've been awesome for me. I find a good evening of, um, naked entertainment is good for the curls ;)

Dan~ Thanks for the fab song, you are quite the talent. xxoo

Doug~ Thank you

Susie~ Thanks for the birthday wishes, mwah!

Tom and Icy~ Hugs and cuddles, many thanks.

Cindra~ Pinch? well, ok, but only if I get a kiss too, to make it feel better *eyelash flutter, eyelash flutter*

Dorky dad~ You made it on time in this zone, with a couple hours to spare.

Candace~ Thank you, thank you, no disasters here, whew!

The Grunt said...

Birthday suit! Birthday suit! Did Mr. Logo put you up to this?

Happy Birthday, Logo! You don't look a day over 27.

Anonymous said...

oohhh, la la la la! Have a happy and safe b-day. You are definitely in some good company on your day! And don't be too depressed about the news - all of the "famous" news is depressing. I'm sure there have been a lot of wonderful super fantastic things that happened on your birthday in history. And it looks like you're going to have another one of those fabulous days! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

wowza! i think the temperature just rose over here! phew.. :D

lookin' great logo! hope you had a snazzy bday and remember, "old age isn't bad, when you consider the alternative.."

:P

Queenmatrai said...

A very happy birthday :)

Have a blast

noojes

Anonymous said...

happy birthday (okay, happy LATE birthday) dear dear LOGO!! i hope it was as wonderful and fun and fabulous as you are.

and, girl, how many times do i have to tell you, it's not 36, it's twenty-sixteen. so young... so much to learn. sigh. xoxo