Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A recipe and a book review

Yes, that's right, I've decided to share some of my not really cooking tips with you all.

Here is what I made for dinner last night, with a tossed green salad.

It Almost Tastes Like I Care Quick and Easy Chicken Salad


12-14 oz chicken breast, diced or shredded (or use canned, whatever)
2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped
4 tablespoons mayo
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Kosher salt and pepper
1/2 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
4 oz Garganzola cheese, in small crumbles


Throw it all in a bowl and mix it together then slap onto some yummy rolls or something. I used croissants and put some lettuce and tomato on there too. It was lovely.
~ ~ ~ ~

Now the book review...

Antisocial Commentary:
from the secret files of the Mattress Police
So, there is this guy, Diesel who has a blog. I bumped into him almost a year ago and the bruises and swelling are almost completely gone. He is an interesting guy and occasionally I missend emails to him which he handles with bemused good humor. Well, anyway, he decided to turn some of his material into a book. I received a copy of this book in the mail and I was laughing heartily, not just giggles, actual chortles and gaffaws. It is a very funny book. I teased Diesel originally, saying I would wait till I could borrow a copy from the library but through a happy little coincidence I won a free copy AND its even an autographed one!! w00t!
Now, a while back, as part of Diesel's carefully orchestrated "Please love me and buy my book" movement I posted a tepid blurb about the book.
But NOW, having squealed like a hyena while while holding it in my hot little hands, and having forced Mr. Logo to listen to me attempt to read passages between giggles I have to tell you, really, you should considering buying this book. It's worth it, I promise. In fact, just to show you how convinced I am that you should buy this book...
I am not even going to take advantage of Diesel's offer to make money off all of you when you buy one of his books. So, here is where you can get your own copy. Don't wait too long, its very a very timely and topic book. After the year 2020 some of the humor is just NOT going to work.


** SEPTEMBER 6TH UPDATE**
We are going to the Burke today.
Please watch the internet for me while I'm gone and make sure you remember to use ointment on that rash every time you change it. Thanks!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so excited! I got my copy yesterday...haven't read it yet though.

Don't tell me how it ends ;) !

Jocelyn said...

I'm pouting because I *didn't* win a copy of Diesel's book.

But I want you to title all of the recipes in my book, okay?

S said...

Yay free cool books! What could be better than that?
Your almost cooking, of course!

I see you have chosen to ignore my word veri complaints.

chosha said...

The recipe is good, but it's title is even better. :)

Anonymous said...

I love a good laugh and a giggle.
I'll check into it!

Thanks Ms Logo :)

robkroese said...

Thanks, Logo! I was a little nervous, because I knew you'd be brutally honest in your review. So I'm thrilled to see that you enjoyed it so much. I'm glad the fates smiled upon you and delivered the book into your hands. :)

lime said...

i got my very own copy and startedlaughing at the way it was inscribed....i can hardly wiat to read it...i have this other book i need to finish and i am weird abotu reading two books at once.

david mcmahon said...

G'day from Australia, Logophile,

Followed your link from Diesel's blog. Interesting review of his blog.

I just happen to be an author (novelist) as well - and I think Diesel's style is great.

Re: your meal choice. I barbecued last night - wonderful! It's the first week of spring here in Oz, so the weather was pretty good.

Keep smiling

David

egan said...

Everything tastes better on a croissant, including ice cream. Now I must go feed myself.

tsduff said...

As soon as I saw gorgonzola, I was hooked.


I must lay my hands upon that book.

Nessa said...

Your sandwich sounds yummy.

I received my copy of Diesel's book. I haven't had a chance to read it yet but I am itching to get at it.

Minka said...

I would so love buying that book, but isnce I am neither from Canada nor America...it is a bit tough to order it. I'll drop him a note!

Bsoholic said...

Sounds like a good chicken salad. I agree with chosha though, the name is really funny!

C said...

I'm dying over the name of that recipe! ^_^ OMG. I'm going to have to give this title to oh so many things. ^_^

Ann(ie) said...

Going to the store....having that for lunch....YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMY!!!!!