Sunday, September 23, 2007

What I did this weekend

Well, I'm afraid I could restrain myself no longer. Sorry, Susie, I had to use the Gingher's on paper, but at least I used fancy paper, right?
Then I went and spent the night at the hospital for a sleep study. Lime wanted pic of me all wired up but after I took the photo it even scared ME, so instead I snapped this one.
That is how one looks after getting next to NO sleep because of being hooked up to a spaghetti platter of wires, carefully scrutinized via night vision digital video cameras, and being told to sleep lying flat. I CAN'T sleep that way, people! I have to curl up with Phil (my body pillow).
Anyway, after I left there, and probably due to the lack of sleep, I got this.

Yup, that's right, I got a tattoo. The little Japanese symbol there means Wicked. You can see the lovely rash left on my chest my the tape used to fasten EKG wires to me. Very, very sexy, I know. It's an airbrushed tat though, it will wash off over the next day or two.

I already have one permanent commitment, to Mr. Logo, I'm just not prepared for another one, it's just too much pressure!!

18 comments:

The Ferryman said...

When DON'T you have a rash on your chest? Not to mention...well...

Nessa said...

Cool tat.

lime said...

damn you look a lot better after being hooked up to wires, being filmed and not allowed to sleep in your favored position than i look after...well, a normal night's sleep....

snowelf said...

That tattoo is really cool! And I am totally cracking up about the commitment line!

Happy Monday :)
--snow

Ed & Jeanne said...

Sleep study? I study that every night and I can truly say I feel like an expert on the subject. In fact, I think I'll go get some extra credit there.

egan said...

Purrr...

S said...

I know how you can keep that tat longer, dont bathe!:P

Jacob said...

To augment Egan's: "Le Purrrr."

furiousBall said...

One time when a friend passed out in college I gave him a temporary tattoo. I purposely mispelled LOSER across his forehead (LOOSER).

I think your tat came out better.

Logophile said...

Mr. Fab~ I'll have you know I go DAYS without any sort of rash at all!

Nessa~ Thanks :D

Lime~ Well, thank you, but I've seen pictures, you're pretty darrn cute most of the time.

Snow~ Thanks :D Glad I could amuse

VE~ You are such an overacheiver

Egan~ Rowr

Susie~ Thanks, I may not take that advice but I appreciate your desire to help

Gawpo~ Le Roooowr

Furiousball~ You sound like a good friend and a great drinking buddy. I think I prefer mine too :p

Unknown said...

Wicked? You should have told us that it says "Hey, my eyes are up there." Oh well. Nice 'tat.

Anonymous said...

Hey, your boob is lookin' at me!

chosha said...

Man I was SOOOOO relieved to find out that tat was temporary. Because on its own that kanji has no meaning in Japanese. It's a kanji radical that appears in other kanji that often have meanings associated with death(death itself, funerals, etc). In that sense it does mean 'bad', but probably not in the way that mischievious face (very cool) is meant to imply.

You're hair is awesome, by the way - the colour and the curls.

Anonymous said...

I did one of those sleep studies about 1 1/2 years ago. Had me there for 2 nights - not much sleep was had - not fun!

Ann(ie) said...

I love it.

Anonymous said...

I think I need one of those- an air brushed tat that is.

tsduff said...

I love the fact that it washes off. I'm not brave enough to get a tat there. It is cool though.

C said...

OMG at first I thought you cut your finger off with the Ginghers. :-P

(spent the night at the hosp)

I did a sleep study in college. It was awesome getting paid to sleep.

Cool tatt!!