Saturday, August 26, 2006

The MOTHER OF ALL MEMEs

Because I have so much free time lately (HA!) I thought I would answer the most enormous MEME ever passed around through blogland.

So here they are, far more than anyone wanted to know,
the answers to 63 questions no one asked me...

1. How old do you wish you were?
This old is fine for now
2. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Naples, Italy, it was a scary time to be an American living abroad.
3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Tip them over on myself, that'll learn 'em!
4. Do you consider yourself kind?
Yes, a veritable model of kindness. Self-delusion is an important life skill to possess
5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be?
Had to??
Well, if you told me I had to I definitely wouldn't want one at all.
6. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
I'm sort of working on Spanish, hola
At various times I've been semi-fluent in Greek, Italian and ASL
7. Do you know your neighbors?
Not in the biblical sense, but in a neighborly way, yes, I do.
8. What do you consider a vacation?
The variations are wide, but lots of free time is a constant
9. Do you follow your horoscope?
Nah, I can barely keep track of our family's planning calendar.
10. Would you move for the person you loved?
Yup, and have done, across the bed and across oceans.
11. Are you touchy feely?
Yup
12. Do you believe that opposites attract?
If we are talking magnets, sure
13. Dream job?
Superhero but with a pay check, and set hours,
and a good medical/dental package and a nice retirement.
Is that asking so much?
14. Favorite channels?
History Channel, Discover Channel, Comedy Channel, none of which I get right now. Waaaaah
15. Favorite place to go on a weekend?
Out and about in a boat, or a motorcycle, as the case may be.
16. Showers or bath?
Shower if I must, but I vastly prefer baths
17. Do you paint your nails?
Yes, well, hardly ever on my fingers, but my toes are usually done.
This is evidently a girly meme, I am guess the guys wouldn't have alot of variation on that answer.
18. Do you trust people easily?
Usually, despite how bad an idea that occasionally ends up being.
Turns out I am not as good a judge of character as I had once thought.
19. What are your phobias?
I have no phobias, only completely rational fears
20. Do you want kids?
Are you offering me more or offering to take the ones I have?
21. Do you keep a handwritten journal?
Not usually, but occasionally there are things that require expression in paper and ink.
22. Where would you rather be right now?
Wrapped up in comfortable delusions
23. What makes you feel warm and safe?
Moderate temperates and no imminent danger
24. Heavy or light sleep?
I sleep like the dead, but my children are wired straight to my brain somehow,
I can sleep through just about anything else.
25. Are you paranoid?
Only when they are out to get me
26. Are you impatient?
Is this bloody thing over yet???
I am very patient with animals and children,
less so with adults,
uncooperative inanimate objects, stupidity and selfishness annoy me excessively.
27. Who can you relate to?
Almost anyone if I try hard enough, but I am very thankful for the ones I don't have to try with.
28. How do you feel about interracial couples?
What?? I feel fine, what kind of question is THAT?!
29. Have you been burned by love?
No, love has only ever eviserated me
30. What's your life motto?
Semper ubi sub ubi
I don't live by it, but it amuses me.
31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile?
A little calyspo type thing
32. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Taking a bath and reading
33. Who was your last text message from?
Some blankety-blank daily horoscope a friend sign my phone up for, grrrrrrr.
I was being charged for them so I had all text messages blocked.
34. Whose bed did you sleep in last night?
Mine
35. What color shirt are you wearing?
Black
36. Most recent movie you watched?
Calendar Girls
37. Name five things you have on you at all times?
Wow, at ALL times, that's tough, uh...
skin, hair, freckles, bacteria, tooth enamel.
When I go out into the world-
cell phone, diver's license, house key, debit card, shoes
38. What color are your bed sheets?
Green stripes
39. How much cash do you have on you right now?
$4, we are mostly debit card people.
40. What is your favorite part of the chicken?
The bottom
41. What is your favorite town/city?
Rome and Venice are lovely,
and Athens and Dublin and London are great too,
New York is amazing and LA is mind boggling,
but I really do like Seattle best of all.
42. I can't wait till...
UPS delivers my package.
43. Who got you to join Blogger?
BSoholic, Snavy, and Thomcat
44. What did you have for dinner last night?
Grilled Teriyaki chicken, with rice and veggies, Mr. Logo is amazing
45. How tall are you barefoot?
5 feet 5 inches, and don't call me Barefoot.
46. Have you ever smoked crack?
No, who WROTE this?
47. Do you own a gun?
No, why? Are you going to come rob my house?
In that case, yes, several, and a bat too, and some knives, and a really wicked temper.
48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
First beverage of the day is tea, black and properly steeped or don't bother, with milk and sugar.
Barring that possibility, coffee, anyway I can get it.
49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Being me
"You're no exception to the the rule, I'm irresistable, you fool, give in!"
(5 bonus points if you name that musical)
50. Do you have A.D.D?
That question might be open to interpretation, I mean, the symptom list for adult ADD is highly subjective and varies from source to source, speaking of which, does a high level of subjectivity move a subject from being a science and make it more of an art? Oh, and while we are talking about art, Lime had a great piece of art on her blog the other day. Do you like huckleberries?
51. What time did you wake up today?
8:00 a.m.
52. Current worry?
Whether it is that there is peanut butter on my chocolate, or chocolate on my peanut butter?
53. Current hate?
When the sun shines right in your eyes
54. Favorite place to be?
Just left of here
55. Where would you like to travel?
I'd prefer to stick to countries free of plague, revolution and filth, what does that leave...Canada?
56. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
I hope I will still be in Washington state, and oh sweet fancy Moses, I will have a 20 year old.
57. Last thing you ate?
crepes (roll that 'r')
58. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Gregorian Chants a la Monty Python, but without the head bashing
59. Last person that made you laugh?
Thing Two
60. Worst injury you ever had?
Damage sustained walking in front of a car, look both ways, dammit!
61. Does someone have a crush on you?
Nah
62. What is your favorite candy?
Reese's cups, Almond Roca,
Jolly Ranchers, jelly beans or
Sixlets when I am looking to regress
63. Favorite errogenous zone?
Mine or his? and isn't that a rather personal question?
Cheeky monkey!

19 comments:

Logophile said...

If you thought that was too long to read imagine how it felt filling it out!
Good grief, I'm exhausted.
I need a nap.

S said...

Holy cow, so am I!
My brain hurts!

Get ready for swap o rama missy! LOL

I just cant believe that in 63 questions, you didnt mention me even once!

For example, I can think of one where I should have been included.
Here it is:

42. I can't wait till...
UPS delivers my package FROM SUSIE

and:
11. Are you touchy feely?
Yup, BUT ONLY WITH SUSIE


and then theres:
45. How tall are you barefoot?
5 feet 5 inches, and don't call me Barefoot

OH ERM LOL HEH! There I am, afterall! You do wuv me Logo, you do, you do!

XX

Anonymous said...

LMAO...these are excellent answers, LOGO.

Im going to steal the questions...;)

Nessa said...

My goodness, it should be put into weekly installments. Some really good questions, though.

Fred said...

Holy cow! What a huge meme. Can I come back later to finish the whole thing?

(I was thinking a beer would be good first thing in the morning.)

Stephanie said...

Susie - she mentioned me but unlike you and Lime she didn't link me - sniff.

Whatever Lola Wants - Damn Yankees
I heart musicals!

Now, you name the musical -

"Take back your mink
Take back your pearls
What made you think
That I was one of those girls?"

Logophile said...

Susie Q~ I am ready, "Swap On!"
I DO wuv ya, baby, you know I do, I don't sleep with just anyone you know!

Guggs~ Please do! Glad they were worth reading, there are just so MANY of them. But I am looking forward to reading yours.

Goldennib~ It may be a while till I post again, so I figured this would hold the impatient folks over.

Fred~ Take your time, kick back with your beer mosey at your own pace. There is more than enough to go around!

Snav~ I so suck! I totally meant to link you, but this thing is huge and I missed it, many apologies. Everyone go see Snav and sympathize that she had such to put up with me.
5 Bonus points for you, and
"I'm screaming:
Take back the gown!
The gloves and the hat
I may be down
But I'm not flat as all that!"
Adelaide is such a great character. The local playhouse did a production of Guys and Dolls and they did it so well.

lime said...

oh fun fun fun. i love what a cheeky monkey you are. however, if i steal this i may come across a less cheeky since youalready stole the really fun answers. bwahahaha. i may steal it anyway.

David Amulet said...

That would be a BIG-ASS LIST OF ANSWERS! I'll comment only on one of your early responses ...

I also was in Europe on 9/11, and it was a very strange time. I found the vast majority of locals to be overwhelmnigly supportive, caring, and more pro-American in the days that followed than I imagine we've seen since the 1940s! I hope Naples showed you some of that some goodwill.

-- david

Sar said...

Holy frejoles, that was a ginormous meme! But I read it all - good thing you're so clever & funny Lady Logo.

Thanks for the laughs.

Logophile said...

Lime~ Steal away, with my blessing, would love to see what you do with it. Moi, a cheeky monkey? How could you possibly think that?

David~ I found most of the people there very supportive at first, once the war talk started that changed a bit.

Sar~ It was on the large side, wasn't it? I appreciate your efforts on my behalf and am relieved you didn't find it a complete waste of time :p
You're always welcome to any laughs I can provide, intentionally or otherwise.

Anonymous said...

well you have more patience that I do, but what the heck, I read The Whole Thing. It actually went faster than it seemed like it would. I guess you're just entertaining. Way to go. Good meme answers. Glad I don't have to do it - it would take me a month to write my blog with 63 answers...

Fig said...

but... I have a crush on you.

and SIXLETS... I love those things!

you rock

Minka said...

Logo, well done. You can make 63 answers go down like honey, and even leave a smile at the end.
It wasnæt exhausting at all.
I like dteh gun answer a lot!

Logophile said...

Schnoodlepooh~ Glad you liked it and it wasn't painful. I would not tag anyone with that, it is massive!

Lily~ YAY, someone loves me!! w00t!
and I will share my Sixlets with you as long as you keep your Funyons to yourself.

Minka~ Happy to hear you were smiling, my day is made!

Anonymous said...

i'd like to remind you that this isn't exactly the first LONG meme you've done lately, if memory serves (and i think it does) i think i recall one from a couple of months ago! that said... I DON'T CARE, girlfriend, because when you write... i read! you are JUST that *good*! and interesting. and fun. oh yeah, and cheeky. xox

Logophile said...

Neva~ Ya know, there was a long one not very far back, but THIS one is even longer!
I am very glad to hear you were not bored to tears.

Maddie said...

Your sense of humor makes memes rock.

Logophile said...

Aww, you say the sweetest things!