Friday, January 12, 2007

I am visiting my family and

my parents only have dial up, and my dad refuses to download the IE updates.
I was online briefly last night but had visibly aged by the time I got into my email, never mind trying to load anything off Blogger. At the moment I have stolen my sister's laptop and and getting my fix as best I can.
I love you all deeply, and will be to your blogs soon, because, come on, we all know at this point I am addicted but
at the moment I am hanging out with my mommy who just had a mastectomy and is looking at a year of chemo.
Thanks to you who have emailed, called, IMed and snail mailed sympathy and good will. It means alot.

12 comments:

lime said...

love you,sweetie. give mom my best wishes.

egan said...

My wife's parents in Chicago only have dial up too. It's very maddening. I was just talking about this very topic this morning. How many people "our age" do you think still use dial up? I'm guessing it's in the 10-20% range tops.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got emailed, IMed, and snail mailed with sympathy because you currently don't have dial-up! There's a Hallmark card for ya.

jk ... best wishes to your mother

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for your note re: Test Case, on my blog. You are right. Hope all goes well with your mother's recovery and that the meds are all compatible. btw- my mom won't even get a computer, even when I offer to fly out and set everything up and pay for it!

Jacob said...

I probably fall beyond Egan's "our age" category, but I just got rid of dial-up a couple weeks ago. Had to go to satellite due to rural living issues. But Daddy Gawpo still has dial-up right smack in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley. I promise regular prayers for you momma.

Stephanie said...

You are a good daughter!!!!

Hobbes said...

I'm so sorry. Good for you for being there for her.

C said...

That's rough (dial up) but I'm glad you can spend some time with your mom. :)

Still praying for your mom.

Tell the Dr. to recommend DSL as a stress-reducer. ;)

S said...

Why yes, your mom simply must have DSL so that she can play the latest games online, and keep up with her daughter as well.
XX

Anonymous said...

Well I'm honored that you somehow managed to stop by my site. :)

I will continue to pray as well.

Anonymous said...

I hope your Mom is doing okay. I'm sure it's a comfort having you there for her. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Logo, I'm really sorry to hear about your mom but wish her a complete recovery and my best wishes. Glad that you could be there with her.

Sending you warm thoughts and a hug. ~ G