Saturday, January 20, 2007

Oh baby...

I took a little ride this afternoon on Red Molly.
Actually, all four of us went for a ride.
Thing One rode with me, and the little one was with Mr. Logo.
Yeah, that right, the redheads rode Red Molly, seems fitting, right?
It was 40 degrees but felt considerably cooler, especially by the time you add windchill.
BUT, but, ooooooh it was fun.
There is sand on the roads, AGAIN, from our most recent snow and it was still slightly damp in the shady areas, so it was a conservative little trip on some back roads,
but oooooh man it was AWESOME!
I love my new helmet and I love my new bike.
She really has some pick up and of course on a clear dry straightaway I had to open it up a weeeee leeetle bit. Its all part of the break in process you know.
I usually won't ride if the temp is under 50, and for good reason.
It took an hour to defrost at least when we got home.
But there time when you have to do what you have to do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to know how you can get cold on such a HOT bike? .... oh yeah, windchill.

lime said...

ooooooh, i wanna ride!!!!

Breazy said...

Sounds like fun! I am praying for spring already . I am so over the cold and rain because we aren't lucky enough to get snow . Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love my bike. It's the closest you can get to flying without leaving the ground (and still be in your right mind).

Anonymous said...

I'll take a bicycle over a donorcycle any day. (But I love my airplane, Giuseppe!)

Anonymous said...

I got a motorcycle jacket for Christmas. We went for a ride a few weeks ago on his giant Goldwing and it was chilly but fun. The husband bought me a motorcycle too, but I have to renew my license- it's been 21 years since I had a bike...

S said...

Ar ar ar ar !

Red Molly hurray!!!