Tuesday, July 31, 2007

An award and a tag...You like me, you really like me!

I have been given a creative blogger award by Dorky Dad.

He said...

"I've lost track of who has received plaudits from me, and I'm sure I've probably sent some love her way, because Logo is SUPERB. Hilarious. She gets this one almost purely on the back -- literally -- of her post about "her latest trip this summer." But then I like slapstick."

WELL! When a blogger who is consistently funny, sweet, self-depreciating (in that humble, lovable way, not the low self esteem, someone-please-buy-this-man-some-drugs-or-self-help-books-immediately way), a lover of lobster panties and an adoring fan of his wife and son decides to call you creative and even give you an award, let me tell you, it feels good.

I only frequent the blogs of creative people so it almost seems redundant to name names, if I bother to visit, you can bet I think you are pretty creative (course, lately I haven't been visiting much at all, it's not you, it's me), but since I feel I ought to carry on the spirit of the award thing I will mention two blog pal who stood out recently.

First, my Limers, she had to have this award if not for the poetry, the unique take on HNT, the imaginative and brilliant writing in general and the bizarre sense of humor, well then because she lets kids paint with fish, ok, if that is not creative, I don't know what is.

Second, Ze Grunt, if you have no taste for the surreal he may not be your cup of tea but even so, you'd STILL have to admit he's creative. For example, "Zebras are stylish, with their striped coats and all. I wonder if the hyenas secretly feel insecure about this."
Also my main man there is battling cancer at the moment, all prayers and good thoughts should be directed care of "The Grunt."

Next, the aforementioned Grunt tagged me, it's a do over but really, I know you are all dying to know 8 MORE strange things about me, I did so well coming up with them last time.




The rulz:

"Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog."

1. I almost never follow all the rules of a tag. No one ever really seems to notice though.

2. I am so left handed that I cannot mouse with my right hand. Mr. Logo is pretty ambidextrous so the mouse stays to the left in our house. Thing One is learning to use it over there as well (we did leave the controls to the right hand setting though, so we just hold the mouse weird). I'm also left eye, left ear, and left foot dominant, although I can switch hit in baseball.

3. I am temporally disabled, or displaced, or something. I never have any idea what time it is. I rarely know the date either. Despite that fact I insist that all my clocks be accurate to the second according to the atom clock at Boulder, CO. However, if the batteries get weak or a clock stops it may take me weeks to notice it.

4. I started getting migraines in my 30s. They are not frequent but incredibly intense. The closest thing I've ever had to a suicidal impulse can be traced directly wishing to end one of these migraines by any means necessary. Don't worry, I just rolled around and moaned instead.

5. On my way home from the sign language class I am taking I will often unconsciously practice my signs. When I am on the motorcycle I find this gets me startled glances. I've tried to stop doing that.

6. When I am avoiding my children I will often go into my bathroom, lie on the floor beside my tub and watch the clouds, birds, etc. through the skylight.

7. I have been known to use a lighter stick and set dust bunnies on fire. I don't do this around my children but it is interesting how the ignition varies based on the composition of the dust bunny. I only do it out of scientific interest...of course.

8. Saturday when I was out with Susie we couldn't find an internet cafe or any place to check our email so I asked some guy at Tully's if I could check my Yahoo account on his laptop. He let me and didn't even take me up on the offer to buy him coffee. I've decided relying on the kindness of strangers may not be my forte but at least it pays off occasionally.

12 comments:

lime said...

walks up to podium in tie dyed evening wear (with lobster panties underneath) to receive the painted fish award for creativity...

i'm just overcome and so very thankful for this award. i'd liek to thank the academy and log for the wonderful suport and inspiration. i'd like to thank my fellow bloggers for repsonding positively to my silly drivel, my family for letting me hog the computer. to my elementary schol art teacher and my fourht grade classroom teacher who thought i was not creative enough i'd like to say this (truns around, flips up tie dye gown and reveals lobsterpanties before mooning)

thnak you, logo. i shall endeavor to remain worthy.

S said...

Stands and applauds Lime, and flipping up my skirt, flashes the power of orange knickers!
What a visual painting you have creatd...I can almost see the HNT forming.


Gotta watch out for those quiet ones!

The Grunt said...

Yay! You did good.

Gill said...

Only you would hijack a total strangers laptop to check your email, and then try to soften the blow with a cup of joe. What a cool chick.
I loved your 8 things. I was tagged so you can be completely stunned and amazed by mine at your leisure, see if you can pencil me in between ignoring the children and setting fire to your household dirt.
xo
With love, and hugs of course!
Take me with a grain of salt today-
Blue!
xoxoxo

Breazy said...

I feel for you on the migraines. I have had them since I was a small child and so far with scans of my cranium and all that the only thing they can figure is stress on me. Sometimes it happens when I don't realize I have been stressed at all. I love the idea of laying on the floor and looking through the skylight!

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

xoxo

Jacob said...

A truly generous person would have GIVEN you his laptop. Or at least a lap DANCE.

My water heater just died. Started screaming like a sireen on a poleese car. Started its tyrade at about 1:30. Here I am at nearly 3 in the morning. It finally stopped. I can sleep in peace. And then go to Sears tomorrow, I guess.

ciao, Bella!

Nessa said...

Oh, pishaw! Of course we do.

Jacob said...

I wonder if Ze Grunt also noticed that the Orangutans are skeptical of changes in the their cages, or that the zoo keeper is very fond of his ru-uh-um.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the award....migraines, OUCH! I get them too don't they just make you want to chop off your own head, or failing that, bite off someone elses!

Jocelyn said...

YEA, you. Yea, Limeyblimey! Yea, me. Yea, all of us.

Creative group hug now.

Ann(ie) said...

YAY YOU!! I adore your blog. Award well deserved!

Logophile said...

Lime~ Lovely job, I knew I could rely on you to back me up on that bizzare sense of humor thing :p

Susie~ Aaaah, kindred spirits are a rare and wonderful thing

Grunty~ Thanks, baby! I can do all things with the spirit of Grunty ya know

Blue~ He seemed a little suprised but amused :P I loved your list! Fun way to learn a bit more about the fascinating and fabulous Madame Blue.

Arm~ Hey, if they can fill a pool with maple syrup to determine if water or syrup is a slower swimming meduim and call it science (and YES, they did!) I can certainly call my little experiments science, I'll start keeping a notebook to make it all official, k? :p

Breazy~ I got some medication that seems to work really well, so that is good. Yes, looking out the skylight is WONDERFUL, rain or shine.

Gawpo~ Oh is THAT what you are bring me next time?

Goldennib~ Awwa, thanks!

Gawpo~ he didn't mention that to me, you'll have to ask

Pauline~ Oh you know that is true, bleck!

Jocelyn~ YAY, group hug, just, no one get creative on being handsy.

Annie~ Thank you, that feels good!