Thursday, July 26, 2007

There may be some things that I wouldn't miss

There are many things to love about Mr. Logo. His taste in music is not high on the list
(he wouldn't know where that title came from, for example. Bonus points are available for those who do).
There are many, many things though, really. However, I am not going to enumerate all his wonderful qualities here. I lack the space on this site, the www does not contain enough pixels to rhapsodize sufficiently on the subject and I'm also too tired to get into it.
Instead I am going to tell you this; he is rewarded for his awesomeness.
In the month of July he was encouraged to purchase himself a trailer for the 16 foot boat he bought 5 years ago. Then he managed to sell enough junk at a garage sale he was able to buy a trolling motor (I spent 5 minutes looking it up to make sure I did not mean trawling, I didn't).
Then last weekend he also bought a pickup truck. When he called to run the idea by me I found myself resigned to the idea. He's been back in the states over three years and somehow has survived without a truck but I always knew it was just a matter of time.
So this weekend while I am in Seattle with Susie he is going to rescue his boat from the bushes and start the long process of turning her into the vessel of his dreams.
Frankly, I'd much rather go play dowtown.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I'd say Mr. Logo married very, very well.

Smart of you to get out of the way while he putzes around,though.

Unknown said...

Oooh, a boat.

I'm getting a boat itch. But then I start thinking of all that work. And then the itch goes away for a while.

armalicious said...

Violent Femmes, yo!

Hmmm...the boat sounds fun, though. But I like boats and water.

Have fun with your friend this weekend!!!

egan said...

How's the minivan?

C said...

oooh! A Navy of one!

Sailboat? It's kinda hard for me to tell from here. I do love sailing.

cathy said...

It will keep him out of mischief whilst you're away.

G said...

It looks like a boat for "a three hour tour". Good luck and you're both pretty awesome, i must say.