and that is just the beginning.
Today will feature a minimum of
6 hours of driving
(if there is NO traffic and everything goes smoothly),
2 hours of hospital waiting
(if mom's blood counts are good and everything goes smoothly),
2 different babysitters for the Things
(generous friends willing to watch my kids for 5 hours at a shot with less than 24 hours notice),
and copious quantities of caffeinated beverages
(espresso and Mountain Dew in alternating doses).
My papa has gone and contracted himself a nasty disease and after several hours in the emergency room Thursday afternoon it was clear that the trip for mom's chemo was going to require an alternate driver. Dad is doing ok, btw, he is medicated and hydrated and feeling much better.
I'm take my new Tori CD (thanks, Susie!) and I'm hoping to steal a good book from the Esteemed Elder Sister when I pick up mom.
I decided to leave you a meme to entertain you while I'm gone.
Please pretend I'm interesting and amusing, it will make me feel better when I get home.
1. If you could build a house anywhere, where would it be?
I’m going for the clouds, how cool would that be?
2. What’s your favorite article of clothing?
My polar fleece is always a favorite, although my black leather bondage mask always makes a splash at the grocery store.
3. Favorite physical feature of the opposite sex?
Start with the face and then we'll see
4. What’s the last CD that you bought?
5. Where’s your favorite place to be?
Oooo, right now bed sounds good, especially in Mr. Logo's arms
6. Where is your least favorite place to be?
7. What’s your favorite place to be massaged?
8. Strong in mind or strong in body?
9. What time do you wake up in the morning?
8:00 AM, give or take
10. What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
11. What makes you really angry?
Optional stupidity, selfishness and arrogance
12. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
13. Favorite colour?
Sorry, this is situation and usage specific,
at the moment my favorite pants are black,
my front door is orange, my bedspread is brown,
and my favorite bubblebath is green.
14. Which do you prefer…sports car or SUV?
For practicality SUV,
just for me? Sports car!
15. Do you believe in an afterlife?
16. Favorite children’s book?
Anything by Dr. Suess, I'll Love You Forever
17. What is your favorite season?
Fall, beautiful, warm, and no allergies
18. Your least favorite household chore?
Cleaning boy bathroom, bleck
19. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
20. If you have a tattoo, what is it?
21. Can you juggle?
I can juggle schedules a little bit, balls not at all
22. The one person from your past that you wish you could go back and talk to?
23. What’s your favorite day?
Fridays or Saturdays
24. What’s in the trunk of your car?
Rubbermaid container containing jumper cables and various emergency gear, a box of water bottles and various baseball gear.
25. Which do you prefer, sushi or hamburger?