Susie, asked me to play hostess to the Friday Flash Fiction.
So here is the deal, if you want to play along, write a story with exactly 55 words.
You can leave a story in the comments here, OR, let us know you wrote one and we will follow your link to your block and comment on your clever writing there.
Hop around and see what everyone is doing, if you like.
Now, here are mine,
written on topic provided by Susie, Lime, and Lily.
Her engorged membranes throbbed, so exquisitely sensitive to the touch yet crying out to be rubbed again. Slowly, she raised her eyes and caught a glimpse of her reflection; red-rimmed puffy eyes and a crimson swollen nose. She tossed her sodden tissue toward the trash and reached for the box again. Oh no, empty again?!
There were indication of a variety of foodstuffs in the fibers, but springs and fabric remnants were not consistent with kitchen furnishings. Trying to establish the nature of the item was also complicated by the quantity of paper, bodily fluids, and clothing found within it. What purpose could be served by such a disgusting thing?
As he bent over his cash register he again felt a strange sensation. He ran his hand across his smooth scalp, half-expecting to feel moisture, but there was nothing. There was no way he could know that not too far away a woman with a voodoo doll and some whipped cream was thinking of him.
AND IN OTHER NEWS
I asked for brave volunteers for the 5 question meme, I got two, and now here are your questions.
Feel free to answer here or take them and post it on your blog, as you please, ladies.
Five Questions for Minka
1. You have two weeks to travel to anywhere in the world, expense is no object, tell us your itinerary?
2. What is your favorite and least favorite thing about living in Iceland?
3. What parts of using English do you like and dislike?
4. How many hours have you clocked watching the World Cup?
5. How long IS a piece of string?
Five Questions for Pansi and Weirsdo
1. Weirsdo- If Minnie was no longer an issue would you want to go back into the teaching industry?
2. Weirsdo- What is something you do that makes life easier for you and/or your family?
3. Pansi- Many of an artistic inclination find they are more sensitive than other people. Tell us, do you find purple paint on your buttocks as irritating as sensible people would?
4. Pansi- What is your favorite network TV show?
5. Weirsdo- Cooking; necessary evil, or artistic outlet?