Friday, August 31, 2007

55 Flash Fiction Friday




55 word flash fiction is something Susie started doing back in March of last year. Being the cooperative friend that I am, I jumped right on that bandwagon.

Earlier this week I asked for topic suggestions and once again I got so many good ideas I couldn't chose between them so I wrote a flash fiction for each. I've linked each blogger at the beginning of the 55 they inspired.
Thank you all so much!
Also, I had fun with that, so please leave topic suggestions for next week if you'd like.

Jocelyn “Look at her! She left that shopping cart right in the road because she is so busy talking on her stupid cell phone!” Lucy’s eyes rolled, exasperated by the self absorption being displayed.
Racing home the woman deliberately calmed her voice, “Honey, listen to me, if he’s not breathing you have to call 911, now.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Variant E The sea horse again shifted uncomfortably, his pregnant belly swollen huge. How dare she? Here he was, about to give birth to their young and she was off God only knows where. A sudden current buffeted him again the grass his tail was coiled around and his sense of persecution grew. Women just didn’t understand!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Susie “I first saw you picking in Orlando and all day you kept your ladder close to mine. I’ve enjoyed working with you. You’re a really great guy and I have enjoyed going out after work with you too. And not to be assuming things, but I just want to make sure you know, I’m straight.”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

TSDuff The plane descended and we broke clear of the clouds. The argument with the obnoxious businessman and the flight attendant who’d championed his cause were worth it. I’d chosen a seat with an unobstructed view and chosen my arrival at sunset. Stretched below me was the landscape I'd dreamed, mine for the next two weeks.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“Why on earth,” I heard myself ask once again in complete amazement, “Did you keep THIS??” From the kitchen came the sound of laughter. Shaking my head, and holding the mystery garment at arm’s length I followed the sound. Suddenly the smell of egg rolls distracted me and the hideous clothing seemed much less important.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lime “Newt Gingrich?” The clever young anthropology student asked. “Do you think that was really his name or some sort of nickname?” The professor smoothed his hand down the sleeve of his silver environmental suit and smiled knowingly. “Many political leaders in the culture had unflattering nicknames given to them. I believe it follows that pattern.”

18 comments:

S said...

LMAO at the seahorse, and come on, baby, you know you always loved my oranges!

THanks for playing man, wow, you have reall outdone yourself and even gave ME the idea for MY 55 this week!

Nessa said...

Very entertaining. I read once, that when you are irritated with some stranger you should think they have an emergency at home causing them to be jerks. It's to make you calm down. This of course doesn't work when you can hear the cell phone conversation.

armalicious said...

You rock, Logolicious! 6 Friday 55's? Woot!

I love the seahorse one. You funny.

Mike Minzes said...

Very ironic 55. I love it!!

Anonymous said...

The prolific 55 this week!!! :)

Mona said...

so many at once.... I love how you have written about your blogger friends here! You Rock!

lime said...

how do you do it??? i could barely come up with a topic much less 55 words on it, much less make it anythign above drivel.

brilliant miss logo! oh and that stuff i am cooking there....it's roti, not egg rolls :P

Ed & Jeanne said...

Wow. That is impressive! I loved the one about the sea horses; quite funny. I don't know how you manage to get the story to 55 exactly. I can't even do that in my car!

TLP said...

Brava! Most excellent!

Flash said...

Wow, I think you filled your 55 quota for like the next 2 months. Great work!

Head Cookie said...

very nice job on all the pic topics. I love the sunset pic that was beautiful. The seahorse made me chuckle. My 55 is up late but up so please check it out thanks.

Reverend Michael Kilgore said...

I just stopped by here for the first time on the 55 trail. Jeez-I have trouble getting 1 done! Great imagery, love the seahorse! Istop by again, loved your sense of humor!

Jacob said...

WowWEEZE! You are all so talented. I envy all. Very fun thing that SoooZEE got going. Where is Somewhere Joe's, I wonder?

I miss you!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Whoa. I am dazzled. By each and ever one of these.

You have a gift, lady.

Charlie said...

what a brilliant idea! Very talented lady you are. You must have had such fun doing those. Just brilliant!

robkroese said...

"Picking in Orlando," eh? Is that what they're calling it these days?

Anonymous said...

*claps enthusiastically* wow! well done, Logo... well done!!

Unknown said...

I liked all of these especially the one with the seahorse. Brill!