Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Honorable mention at 90% to lawyerboy and Monika, my ass-kicking German-in-Iceland friend.
Much praise to Teacher's Pet who ALWAYS donates a question, what a very good participant!
Here it is...
P.S. Hope February was good to you, if not, well, at least it is almost over.
P.P.S. Over in the link is "my daily trivia fix" it's fun, no pop ups for those who care, AND as it is a new month tomorrow you get a practice run through and then can start fresh tomorrow in the standings for the month.
Monday, February 27, 2006
Sunday, February 26, 2006
This is a sassy lil Portuguese Water Dog,
almost 2, single and straight.
Refuses to wear clothing, deems it below her dignity, would NEVER wear Mental headgear.
This is a logo (logophile, Alpha Female)
This is a smart mouthed redhead,
just turned 35, married and straight.
Under the influence of Mental headgear has been known to attempt ski runs far beyond her skill level and also to make appalling faces.
- Banging your head against logophile uses 150 calories an hour.
- Carnivorous animals will not eat another animal that has been hit by logophile.
- A rhinoceros horn is made from compacted logophile.
- The only planet that rotates on its side is logophile.
- It is bad luck to light three cigarettes with the same logophile.
- Logophile does not have toes.
- Logophile is physically incapable of sticking her tongue out.
- About 100 people choke to death on logophile each year.
- A logophileometer is used to measure logophile.
- Logophile was originally green, and actually contained cocaine.
- Forty percent of the world's almonds and twenty percent of the world's peanuts are used in the manufacture of Ariella!
- Ariella is the male seed of a flower blossom which has been gathered and treated by bees.
- Duelling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are Ariella.
- Ariella can give birth ten days after being born, and is born pregnant.
- People used to believe that dressing their male children as Ariella would protect them from evil spirits.
- Ariella will become gaseous if her temperature rises above -42°C!
- Ariella, from the movie of the same name, had green blood.
- You would have to dig through four thousand kilometres of Ariella to reach the earth's core.
- Ariella is actually a vegetable, not a fruit!
- Ariella will give a higher yield if milked when listening to music.
Saturday, February 25, 2006
Being animated they get to fudge on the rules of physics and such which is a plus.
They have a simple style, not subtle, but certainly effective.
Charlie and Harriet McKenzie
She is good with a knife and he is quick with the wit,
can't leave them out!
Rin Tin Tin
Last, but not least,
I don't blame him for the shirt, it is not his fault.
There you have it, the posse!
Friday, February 24, 2006
The Alpha Female and the Things have fled to the west, and slightly north, sort of west by northwest so to speak.
So we are stealing (borrowing, perpetuating, etc.) the fun lil thing Snav did on her blog.
Wish fulfillment with a twist!
Susie would say...
"I wish I could go to India."
Lime could reply...
"Granted, but you are going freight cargo, in summer.
I wish I was on the beach."
Sar might answer...
"Granted, but it is the beach in Washing ton state, and it is pouring rain.
I wish I had some new shoes."
Etc. etc. etc.
This was TONS of fun on Snav's World, hope it's a good time here.
I will start us out.
I wish I had opposable thumbs.
Thursday, February 23, 2006
Wednesday, February 22, 2006
At least they are interesting to watch.This is what St Mark's winged lion does in his off-time.
Here is the AM hanging out on a crowded bridge.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006
It was mostly about the AF and the Alpha Male wishes to have it pointed out that if he had chosen the correct age, which he DID know, rather than 21, he would have tied the secret admirer at 80.
drum roll please...
Your Tuesday Trivia!!
Line up nicely, wait your turn, no pushing and shoving, there is plenty for everyone!
Thanks for coming to play and good luck!
If you don't like the quiz, DONATE QUESTIONS!!
(Weirsdo is exempt from that, she ALWAYS donates, weirsdo is teacher's pet)
Monday, February 20, 2006
Thankfully, I live with cuddlers.
So it all works out.
Say it with me now, aaaaaaaw!
Sunday, February 19, 2006
Saturday, February 18, 2006
1516 - Queen Mary I of England AKA Bloody Mary
1530 - Uesugi Kenshin, Japanese samurai and warlord
1745 - Alessandro Volta, Italian physicist
1838 - Ernst Mach, Austrian physicist and philosopher
1898 - Enzo Ferrari, Italian race car driver and manufacturer
1909 - Wallace Stegner, American writer
1919 - Jack Palance, American actor
1922 - Helen Gurley Brown, American editor and publisher
1931 - Toni Morrison, American writer, Nobel Prize laureate
1933 - Yoko Ono, Japanese-born singer, artist, and wife of John Lennon
1950 - John Hughes, American director, producer, and writer
1954 - John Travolta, American actor
1957 - Vanna White, American game show presenter
1965 - Dr. Dre, American rapper and record producer
1968 - Molly Ringwald, American actress
1971 - Thomas Bjorn, Danish Golfer
Friday, February 17, 2006
Thursday, February 16, 2006
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
This is a Dyson, a very nice vacuum, best if paired with...
a full time maid.
She looks really good on this bike.This is a hybrid Toyota Highlander.
Gas and electric, ooooo, how cool is that?!The following tub is a small upgrade on the current model.
It has jets and the black would go better with the proposed bathroom make-over.
There is also a lovely electric towel warmer that would look great in there!
So there ya have it, a couple little items to send over before the weekend,
P.S. If you've wandered through So We Hijacked A Blog and wondered what the heck that is all about, the story of the origins has been posted.
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Congrats to Lawyerboy for a perfect score last week!
Honorable mention must go to Doug for a 90, wow.
Thanks to those who contributed questions, especially Snav who donated quite a few in an attempt to make my quiz more female friendly.
Alright, here it is again,
your trivia quiz,
hopefully not too traumatic.
Monday, February 13, 2006
51. I hate taking baths.
52. This has not stopped me from hopping into the tub with various family members uninvited.
Now that I am bigger it is easier to get on, and in, the tub. I have to say, for people who are sooooo insistent about me getting in the tub frequently I don't see what their damage is about letting me get in while THEY are in there. I mean, you would not BELIEVE the number of lectures we all hear about sharing, but is the AF willing to share her tub with me?! NO!!
She lets the AM in there with her though, I think this may go back to the discrimination thing, keeping a sister down, I tell you!
Sunday, February 12, 2006
But the child born on the Sabbath Day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay.