Monday, July 02, 2007

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day.

My mother in law is visiting for a week.
We are taking her to see some sights and for her very first camping trip.
She will be joining us at my family's get-together for the 4th of July.
It promises to be an interesting week.
I am being very judicious and neutral in what I am saying and how I am saying it.
Have you noticed?

OK, in other news, I was nominated as a Rockin' Girl Blogger.


Cathy nominated me while calling me incomparable, witty, and a biker. Hard to beat deal like that! Thanks, Cathy! Cathy has this button in a rainbow of colors, because that is just how rockin' she is. Some of my best gals have already been nominated but I have to let you in on a secret; the chicks over in my sidebar would not be there if I didn't think they were pretty awesome. I have some gals though whose blogs I really enjoyed and they are gone. So I'm going to do 5 posthumous awards, even though its only the blogs that died, not the gals.

I miss Cindra's fun, smart, sarcastic, sweet, irreverent appreciation for life, family and friends.

Annie of Yerdoingitwrong is MIA and I miss her too. The pictures of her precious baby boy, often posted with apologizes for posting neverending pics of her kid were just cute and I enjoyed stopping by her place.

Balou seems to also be missing. The designer of lobster panty cartoon and poster of David Hasselhoff videos, that sense of humor was a welcome addition to my blog world.

Damasta is one of the first bloggers I met, through 5th Circle of Cubicle Hell a long gone but still missed blog. I get the occasional email, and I know she is alive and well but I do miss getting some Quesadillas for Breakfast.

Last, but not by a long way least is Sar's Belle of the Brawl. She's living a real life that is jam packed full and I am very happy for my curly sis but I do miss popping over to her blog for a spirited conversation, a laugh, a contest or just to read some of the brilliant and amusing observations that came from the mind of a kindred spirit.

They rock, I miss 'em.

Oh, and do a gal a favor and leave a topic suggestion for my 55 word Flash Fiction on Friday, hm?

12 comments:

S said...

I was at Damastas blog yesterday....I think she moved in with her BF! She posts pics of the takeover of his closet! LOL


I was wondering what happened to some of those gals.

You really are a Rockin Girl BLogger

S said...

I want my sidebar button to say

Rocking MILF blogger LOL

cathy said...

Posthuumous blog awards, I love it!

lime said...

judicious and neutral is good. i have to say my week ended yesterday and it went surprisingly smoothly. this is all very good. i wish you well!

Anonymous said...

Rock on!

Have fun this week, camping with a newbie is always interesting to say the least. Ha! Hope she enjoys nature. ;)

megabrooke said...

congrats you rockin girl blogger you!
and have fun camping!

armalicious said...

Woot! YOU ROCK!!!

Good job at the wording of the beginning of your post. I need to learn from you. Where's my notebook so I can take notes?

DaMasta said...

Not to fret, my dear.. I shall return. In good time, I shall return! *audience cheers!*

G said...

YOu do rock, my friend. And you're a smart daughter-in-law. For a flash 55 - "We last saw her when she went out into the woods to go the bathroom..." heehee I kid, Mr. Logo.

Unknown said...

Wait ... YOU'RE A GIRL, TOO??? Dang. Chicks, chicks everywhere.

Ann(ie) said...

awwwwww. THANKS GIRLIE!!! But, I'm back! I couldn't stay away from the blogosphere. Had a crazy reader so I had to clean house.

xo,
Your Seattle peep
formerly yerdoingitwrong

egan said...

Good luck with mother-in-law visit. No matter how great you get along with family or friends, it's taxing to have company stay with you for any period over a few days. Take care!