Friday, April 01, 2011

It's National Poetry Month again!

I do love poetry, not just the formal kind, any lyrical expression of words will work, really.
I have to start the month off with Auden, cuz I luffs him.

The More Loving One    by W. H. Auden

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
But on earth indifference is the least
We have to dread from man or beast.

How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.

Admirer as I think I am
Of stars that do not give a damn,
I cannot, now I see them, say
I missed one terribly all day.

Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total dark sublime,
Though this might take me a little time.
-----------------------------
Over here you can hear him read his poem On the Circuit.

3 comments:

Doug The Una said...

W.H. Auden month, in other words.

S said...

so like, was I meant to miss that one, because just saying BLACK FONT? come on, im fifty now....


♥

In all the world
there's no such feat
as trying to fold
the fitted sheet
T.T.

lime said...

one of my favorite parts of april...

and susie, i already showed you how way back when i had a demolished hand!