Friday, April 01, 2011

It's National Poetry Month again!

I do love poetry, not just the formal kind, any lyrical expression of words will work, really.
I have to start the month off with Auden, cuz I luffs him.

The More Loving One    by W. H. Auden

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
But on earth indifference is the least
We have to dread from man or beast.

How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.

Admirer as I think I am
Of stars that do not give a damn,
I cannot, now I see them, say
I missed one terribly all day.

Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total dark sublime,
Though this might take me a little time.
-----------------------------
Over here you can hear him read his poem On the Circuit.

3 comments:

Doug The Una said...

W.H. Auden month, in other words.

S said...

so like, was I meant to miss that one, because just saying BLACK FONT? come on, im fifty now....




In all the world
there's no such feat
as trying to fold
the fitted sheet
T.T.

lime said...

one of my favorite parts of april...

and susie, i already showed you how way back when i had a demolished hand!