Friday, March 09, 2012

Another Pointless Ponder

We take delivery of organic produce from a local farm and in our box was some chard.

Chard.

It's not even a nice sounding word for starters,
but also...

what does one DO with chard?

I am sure there are recipes online (the internet being the vast and varied thing that it is) and I am not really looking for help with googling, I do how to do that.

I'm actually just wondering if there are, among my acquaintances, people who regularly eat this willingly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I've had people describe steaks that i've cooked that way....

certainly have never partaken willingly or knowingly...

lime said...

i got nuthin. sorry.

Jocelyn said...

Dude, I LOVE Swiss Chard. Wilt it on the stove top (with a little olive oil). Toss in some nuts--walnuts are good--and some craisins. There's your side veg for dinner. If you want it sweeter, toss in a tidge of sugar as you're sauteeing.

It's also good baked in a quiche or fritatta.