Monday, August 07, 2006

Good Morning to you all!

The weekend, in addition to some exceptionally entertaining yard work,
we also had a local geek come and do some emergency work on our 'puter.
I fear for my little friend.
If any harm befalls it
we may have a Romeo and Juliet type scene,
I'm just warning you all now.
Also, Thing One and I went on a ride to the beach pictured above.
The water was so still, it was amazingly tranquil, pacific even,
ha ha ha.
Taking a motorcycle ride with one of the kids is a great way to spend time together.
Much as I adore them, and I do, I am frequently downright amazed at the non-stop stream of noise that issues from their mouths.
The two of them talk almost constantly.
I don't want to constantly be hushing them though,
I know it is only a matter of a few years and I will be probably be begging them to speak with me.
So I try to behave right now
as I hope they will when that day comes.
Motorcycle rides are the perfect solution.
We are together, they can make as much noise as they want,
and I can't hear it.
Mr. Logo once offered to buy helmet intercoms and shouted down that idea so fast his head was spinning.
Today Thing One was leaning against my back and I could feel he was singing.
It was absolutely perfect;
we were doing something together that we both love,
we were enjoying it each in our own way,
and the sun was shining but it wasn't too hot.
When we arrived at the beach we had a long chat about all manner of things.
All in all, it was a pretty good weekend.
**JUST A LITTLE REMINDER**
It is the last day to vote for my caption,
and yes, you can vote multiple times.
I hope you'll take a moment and

9 comments:

S said...

I forgot to check if you got a bruise from the countless number if times I hit you on the back with my helmet.....
Heyyy!!! So thats why, on the bike, when I was talking to you, you just nodded and smiled.....you were not listening to a damn thing! :P

Minka said...

The war of the Roses in the Household of Logo? Shakespeare would be inspired.
But I understand what you mean. If soembody touches my 'puter in a hurting manner, there will be hell to pay!
That ride with you son sounds wonderful, you laying down good ground-work. He might call you once or twice a week when grown up :)

DaMasta said...

When I was young, I remember falling asleep on in my mom's lap and being lulled by the vibrations in her chest every time she spoke.

Breazy said...

Oh Logo , this post goes right along with the way that I have been feeling lately . My kids started back to school today and my oldest is now a freshman in high school so you could say that I am experiencing a bit of empty nest syndrome. My kids chatter constantly too and I ,like you, don't want to hush them all the time so I just deal with it . Okay , I am about to start slinging tears and snot everywhere thinking about my babies growing up and if I did sling tears and snot it might shortcircuit the keyboard so I am gonna go now... sniff ,,sniff... heehee! Have a beautiful day!

Nessa said...

I'm not much of a talker, but my daughter is. As long as I looked at her while she was talking, she seemed to be ok with me taking little mental vacations. My daughter mostly just needed my physical presence.

Sounds like a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful moment, Logo. A beautiful moment, indeed.

by the way, you record Thing One singing before puberty hits.

Anonymous said...

That's a really beautiful beach. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip there.

Logophile said...

Bare~ No bruise, no worries and you got it sistah, smile and nod, that is my modus operandi.

Minka~ Shakespearean tragedy sums up my estimation of computer troubles. I hope they will at least remember my birthday and Mother's Day.

Damasta~ Aaaaaaw, that is a really sweet memory, you made me all veklempt.

Breazy~ You know, this mom gig is none so easy, but I'm liking it. I have a feeling though that by the time I am really good at it, they are going to be grown up.


Goldennib~ It totally was a wonderful time. My kids seem to talk very conversationally, so if i mentally check out they can always tell, because I can't answer them. I have to stay tuned in.

Guggs~ Excellent idea! I need to do that.

Schnoodlepooh~ We have a ton of gorgeous beaches up here, don't we? and it was a great trip. I just love this state!~

babyjewels said...

Looks like you're winning. and yes, I voted.