Friday, August 11, 2006

It has been brought to my attention...

that if one intends to leave a post languishing for days one should not give it such an obviously dated title, such as"Hump Day" for example. This is one of the great things about having friends watching out for you, they pass on these helpful little bits of data.


So I thought I would share something new with you.
This is the fountain I just made for my mother.
I know you can't really tell from the picture, but it's quite lovely,
no, really, it is.
I have decided, now that I have made two little tabletop fountains that are not completely hideous and worked pretty well that I want to make one for my living room that would go on the wall.
Turns out this is a somewhat more complex procedure.
'Course, I could always just buy something suggestive of Italian style,
even if I think it is somewhat...ICK.
Or there is the more artistic approach,
something I clearly can't replicate on my own.
Or I could go with the multicultural approach.
Or maybe I should just get something funky or fun,
even if it doesn't "go" with the room.
And they are all so reasonably priced, no?
Back to the drawingboard.

12 comments:

Nessa said...

Looks pretty to me. Definitely go with your own creation, even if it is a little more complicated.

Fig said...

Lovely! I want one! ...but.... Mr Lily said NO to fountains... they might ruin the carpet. How? I'm not sure. Can't be any worse than spilling beer everywhere... hmph!

S said...

I want a fountain too! My dog and cat will probably drink outa it like they do the bird bath!

Anonymous said...

perhaps "reasonably priced" if you just won the lottery!

and for the record... i was most definitely NOT criticizing you for the posting delay! i was relieved! relieved i tell you, RELIEVED! still... i'm glad you've a new post up, especially since i linked to you again in the Snark (a Comedy Central related link)!!

i love the fountain you made for your mom... *that* i'd buy in a heartbeat! xox

Breazy said...

You have to at least try to make your own. I would love to try my hand at painting one day . And don't worry about it not matching the room , I don't think anything that I have matches because I love all things colorful but it all flows nicely to me ! You have a good weekend !

P.S. I like the funky art best! lol!

egan said...

I'm impressed by your creative side.

The Grunt said...

I will leave a comment here. Right here. Yep! There it is.

That's some nice stuff there, logo. Very creative.

Minka said...

Looking at the prices of the fountain thingies, I think the one you made yourself is fine :)
No really!

Anonymous said...

Did it bring you a moment of Joy to make the fountian? Thats what really matters.

Logophile said...

Goldennib~ Thanks for the encouragement, maybe I will.

Lily~ Tell him to kiss your FWA and get a huge fountain. He brings out the best in me, eh?

Susie~ Get one and mount up high, then you should safe.

Neva~ There are a bit pricey. You were not the only one who pointed out the delay in posting, I got an IM about it. Thanks for the linky love!

Breazy~ I like that one too! I may try to make one, I am not sure if it would be cost effective and whether I can get the look I want, so we'll see.

Egan~ And I recycle too, aren't I a good person?

Grunt~ That was the PERFECT place for a comment from you, ideal, you have quite the eye. Thanks!

Minka~ Thank you, I do what I can.

Anonymous~ I did enjoy it, and so did my mom, so it was very well worth the time and effort.

Anonymous said...

Yours does look nice. I think a wall fountain would definitely be harder. I did like "Blues in the Night." Don't go with the grapes!

Logophile said...

Weirsdo~ Those grapes are pretty awful, I agree. That last one we really do like, might have to sell one of the Things and get it for the family room.