Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing One has learned 5 new katas (sets of memorized moves in karate). Thing Two has learned all his stuff too. They will both be testing again this week. Thing One for orange belt: Thing Two for yellow.
In 2 months Thing Two has grown 3/4 of an inch. I thought he looked taller when he got back from camp so I had to check. Thing One had grown as well.
The amount of food the two of them consume could fuel a small army.

I watched The Notebook ~ gah, THAT was an emotional wringer.

We have mountains of the never-ending mundane and few possibly earth-shaking situations in the works. Life just keeps happening, hm?

7 comments:

furiousBall said...

I too watched The Notebook a month or so ago, boy that movie tore me apart.

lime said...

these boys of ours will eat us out of house and home and we can listen to the grow.

i must be cold hearted. i thought the notebook was an awful movie that was poorly done.

egan said...

Thing Two will arrive 7 minutes after Thing One. Am I right?

Fred said...

D1 watched The Notebook dozens of times after we bought it and she cried every time.

I hope the anticipated earthquakes are manageable.

The food bill for three growing teenage daughters isn't pretty, either. There's just as much as boys, but it comes in the low-fat and low-carb varieties.

C said...

Woo Hoo, go THINGS!!!!

I can't bring myself to watch the Notebook. Maybe someday. :)

Hang on tight! I hope the ride is fun. :)

Breazy said...

I am a crier anyway so of course I made a spectacle of myself while watching The Notebook, thank goodness I was alone.

My son will be 11 in September and he is growing lots as well and eating lots too. Have a good day!

egan said...

Um, what's going on up near you? Your neck of the woods was on the local news twice yesterday. Be safe!