Saturday, January 03, 2009

Is it spring yet?

The winter solstice is over.
Therefore the days are getting longer and we are making our way,
slowly, to be sure,
but inexorably toward warmer weather.


I'm getting a little antsy to be out on my motorcycle.
I'm not quite ready to suit up and take over the playground,
but Red Molly and I are definitely ready to hit the road.
Just waiting for the weather to hit 50.


Then we are are OUTTA here!
As of December 2006 I've had Red Molly for two years! Wow, time flies when you are having fun, eh?
Speaking of time, I've been blogging for AAAAAAAAGES!!
I started blogging in September of 2005, well, my dog, Ariella started blogging.
It didn't take me long to take over center stage.
The anthropomorphic personification deal is difficult to maintain long term...for some of us, others seem to be able to continue finding new and interesting way to do it.
Anyway,
here's hoping 2009 goes better than 2008,
Happy New Year!

7 comments:

furiousBall said...

a better year to you as well amiga. enjoy the ride.

lime said...

well, i for one, am glad red molly is still around. i'm even gladder you're still blogging. gladdest of all to call you friend.

Ann(ie) said...

Happy New Year!! I am counting the days until Spring around here. I was finally forgiving the snow and then we got three more inches tonight. ????? bugger!! Next December I will be in a tropical spot....somewhere....with a fruity bevvy in my hand!!!

Minka said...

20008 has been great, 2009 is at least a promise of something better.
Just wait until you get on that beautiful bike, you'll see!

Hobbes said...

Thanks for the link.
Be careful on Red Molly.

egan said...

Wow, you have been blogging for a long time. Congrats on still maintaining the pooch's piece of the internet. I've been doing this thing since November 04 and I'm trying to do it more often.

I like those motorcycle pictures. Let's hope there's no breaking down this time around.

tsduff said...

I'm so glad you have your Red Molly - I gave my sweet platinum Sporty to my son who turns 30 soon. After my hubby died, I gave his Roadking to his best friend, and although I lovelovelove my bike dearly, I was being a poor steward of her not riding her much. I spent so many happy hours on that bike - riding thousands of miles on her with my husband and our friends. Although I was a bit taken aback by the horrendous emotions as I gave her to my son, I do know I did the right thing. *sigh* She has beautiful sounding pipes.