Monday, April 30, 2007

As April draws to a close...

I rejoice at the end of my writing class. Since September I've been teaching three high school boys in an attempt to get them ready for college.
One of them doubled his scores on the essay portion of his SAT and another tested into English 101 so their parents felt it was money well spent. Boo-yah!

This last Thursday was Bring your Brat to Work day and Mr. Logo took Thing Two.
Here you see the two of them at about 6:00 preparing to leave for the day.
Thing Two returned with a bag full of toys and a head full of propaganda. Clearly it was a successful venture.

Next, and I apologize to those who lack any interest in the next item, feel free to skip it, see, Susie, they do NOT match, at least, not exactly :P

LASTLY,

some of you may recall that this month was also the chosen battlefield for the self proclaimed Mr. Fabulous and I to fight it out for the title of TRIVIA CHAMPION.

The current scoreboard reflects that I have only a two point lead at this point. I was a little worried he would not be able to put up enough of a fight for me to maintain interest for a whole month but he managed to pull himself together and even edged into the lead for a moment or two. In thanks for his fine efforts to be a worthy opponent I am going to add his unusual little blog, Pointless Drivel, to my links, because I am a giver, it's what I do.

The winner of this little contest will receive a $25 gift from the loser and of course, bragging rights (from what I can tell, Mr. Fab thinks he was born with an unlimited supply of those, but be that as it may...) and it all comes down today, Monday, April 30th, 2007.

No pressure or anything, Fab :D

12 comments:

armalicious said...

Look at those toes! I have a nail polish of a very similar color. I heart orange!

And this made me almost choke on my coffee: "Thing Two returned with a bag full of toys and a head full of propaganda. Clearly it was a successful venture."

lime said...

those toes are shocking.

and i am curious to know what does the overall winner of the trivia contest win (the one in which you and mr fab are engaged), hhhmmm????

i think perhaps a blog post from both of you lauding her trivial prowess, perhaps?

S said...

LOL May the best woman win!
:D

I think that is a fabulous toenail color, Logo, what is it called?
Sunset In some fabulous tropical place?

Doug The Una said...

s, I think its Khmer Rouge.

Good luck, Logo. All thinking Americans are on your side.

Breazy said...

I love the toes and the door! Beautiful! Of course I am a little biased when it comes to orange since my blood runs that color (Tenn. Volunteers)! I think it is cool that Mr. Logo took Thing Two to work with him for Brat day, they both look really nice!

Thanks for the birthday wishes...hugs!

cathy said...

SQUASH HIS HEAD!!!!
nice toes

Logophile said...

Amanda~ I heart orange too! Glad you didn't waste the coffee, that would have been a shame.

Lime~ What was that? LALALALALALA
I can't heeeeear you :p

Susie Q~ I believe it might be called international orange

Doug~ Thank you for your support, no Cambodians were injured in the painting of the door or the nails.

Breazy~ Ah yes, the Vols, I recall this. They are cute, aren't they?

Cathy~ After due consideration I believe that is fabulous advice, thank you!

The Ferryman said...

Look at all your sycophants lining up behind you. Sorry, ladies, I smoked her by four points.

Yes, you may call me the comeback kid. Who's next?

Anonymous said...

Lime DID smoke everyone. Yay Limey!!

I was certain you'd win, it's so unfair ... Four lousy points ..cha!

Well, a new tournament begins today -- I say you go for double or nothing.

Minka said...

Bring your brat to work? That is hilarious.
I never painted my toenails and about trivia? Remember back in the days when you had one each Tuesday? :)

Good luck to teh both of you.
Pointless dribble...goes off to sneak a peek!

Minka said...

Drivel?

even better!

yerdoingitwrong said...

I dig the toes. Mine are usually bright pink or bright orange! beau-tee-ful!