Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Congratulations to last week's winners!
The truth coalition, Neva, and Thei Idiot Consortium [sic] tied at 90!
Joel, Neva's beloved, scored an 80,
and Susie (aka Oaty) Lime and Vera tied at 70.
Wow, good job, peoples.
And now...
Candace tagged me with a Meme,
21 things I love.

(family and friends are exempt from listing, you are to assume love for them)
1 Singing, especially to my babies at bedtime, oh, or in the car by myself, at the top of my lungs
2 Motorcycle riding
3 Thai, Italian, and Mexican food, and um, several others
4 Encountering and getting to know with kindred souls
5 My lawn mower
6 Reading a great book, the kind that sucks you in and you can't wait to finish it.
7 Taking baths, especially by candle with a good book and a glass of wine
8 Good tea and coffee
9 Words and phrases that just taste good as they roll off your tongue (Kuala Lumpur)
10 Cuddling, and that other stuff too.
11 The smell of a new hardback book (I might have liked the smell of old ones but dust makes me sneezy)
12 Making my kids laugh so hard they get all red in the face and can't breathe properly, well, come on, pretty much making anyone laugh that hard is just awesome.
13 Spending time at the library or an independent bookstore, sorry, chain stores just don't have the same feel
14 Learning new things
15 Finding exactly the right word or phrase I want to explain something, and the look of dawning comprehension that tells me when I've got it right
16 Driving, preferably on twisty roads with good music and no traffic
17 Sleeping in, and breakfast in bed
18 Massages and/or spa pedicures
19 Getting glimpses of the day when my Things will be able to beat me at chess, Set, and thumbwrestling
20 Going for walk in fall
21 lavender, vanilla, and verbena, separately
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think I am getting sick, please send money or bearer bonds, anyone with a throat this sore surely deserves to spend her last few days at Disneyworld.

11 comments:

egan said...

22. Making ridiculously obscure quizzes to humble those of us not part of the regular QuizHeads.

- Mr. Faraday

lime said...

meh, a 60 this week.

great list of things to love.

and feel better really soon!

S said...

My favorite Fun Indian words:
Kumbh Mela
Sravanabelagola
Qutab Minar

French:
Cuillierre
Grenouille

And fo course:
Underwhelmed


OK Now say magnet 10 times and get it right.
This word I cannnot say...I say
Magnik...no matter how hard I try. magnet magnit magnik ack!

Anonymous said...

I am always average...
Blergh.
I love your 21-list and Imma steal it!!
/Vera

Stephanie said...

What Egan said!

Anonymous said...

not *quite* up to par this week. sigh...that damn Greek mythology gets me every time!

lovelovelove this meme...if i didn't know better (and i do) i'd have thought *I* wrote it! (seriously... i know you're Laura's "twin"... but you and i could be... er... um... long lost cousins at the very least!!) xoxox

Minka said...

You have been quite teh tagging victim of late:)

I tied for first place?...the world is such a good place to be in right now.
Attmept the quiz later when I get of work.

Breazy said...

That is a really good list of things to love . I hope you feel better real soon . HUGS!

C said...

Oooh! Excuse me while I flop down and roll around in your yummy list! :)

Logophile said...

Egan~ Your great affection and new found respect for Mr. Faraday is such a joy to behold.

Seamus~ THAT is because great minds really DO think alike, thus the cliche.

Nessa~ Thanks, Neither I nor the hope for good health have died yet, but we certainly are working the sympathy vote.

Limey~ Thanks, I am about to add Nyquil to the list :p

Susie~ I can say magnet but I screw up confiscate, its always comes out "consfiscate." I hate that!

Vera, my deara~ Please take it, have fun with it! And, ok, we BOTH know you're better than average, honey.

Snavy~ Mwah! Blame it on the eye procedure, it was all that darn doctor's fault.

Neva~ Not even the Greeks can keep it all straight, I think. I do have cousins all over the eastern seaboard, I will gladly claim you.
Welcome to the family!

Minka~ Glad to know people want to read my blathering, makes me feel good, and YES, tied for first, you are correct, all is right with the world...for the moment anyway.

Blither~ You don't have to, the quiz is only for fun, if you don't have fun taking it, you are not allowed. Now pour me some wine and lets talk about Dorothy Parker and lavender.

Breazy~ Thanks, sweetie, mwah!

Candace~ I told you it would end up looking similar to yours!

Minka said...

well, it was a coalition of sorts! ;)