Monday, December 18, 2006

A deep dark secret

Despite not watching TV much,
and in fact, none at all for a majority of my life,
I have a confession to make.

Late at night, when the mood was right,
when I was all alone,
I would sometimes watch The Tick.

The sayings of The Tick amuses me even still.

"The night is young and we have umbrellas in our drinks."

"Yes, destiny has her hand on my back, and she's pushing."

"Eating kittens is just plain... plain wrong! And no-one should do it, ever!"

"And so, may Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat plenty of fresh vegetables."

"Gravity is a harsh mistress."

"Well, folks, there you have it. A day in the life of a superhero and his sidekick. It's a very long day, the tights are uncomfortable; I think we covered that before. Map light, convenient and essential. A lot of working of villain motifs. Crime has a Bossa Nova beat. Leap before you look. Remember denouement. Other French words: inconvenient, nonessential... oh... I could go on and on... But time's a-wasting and evil's out there making hand-crafted mischief for the swap meet of villainy. And you can't strike a good deal with evil. No matter how much you haggle. We don't need to look for a bargain; goodness is cheap because it's free, and free is as cheap as it gets. Cut. What was that pig about?"

14 comments:

S said...

But I thought I was your harsh mistress!!!!

Miss you XXX

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am back blogging.

lime said...

i think i need to look up some tick!


'gravity is a harsh mistress' he sure got THAT right!!

DaMasta said...

Bwuahhahaa.. he sounds just like you! ;)

In a good way.. in a good way..

Anonymous said...

I love the Tick. Did you ever see the short-lived live action series? That was great as well.

The Grunt said...

Did you watch the live action TV show version of this, Logo? That was funny. I don't think The Tick was ready for prime time.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I can work some of those into my everyday conversations.

Sar said...

A clever superhero is right up my alley. Men in tights? Not so much. ;)

Photocat said...

Logo - I love your blog!!!! I am having such fun with your Madam Miss Susie in India - are you jealous? I will share her with you when you come!

Minka said...

I don´t know about gravity, sometimes I feel pushed down, rather than pulled. And that´s just mean!

Anonymous said...

Spoon!

Photocat said...

Thanks - yes I will also loose weight - we are back to just eating a little bread and water after Susie's experience!

C said...

HAHAHA!! Those are great! :)
A long time ago a friend showed me a Tick comic book. It was a scream. ^_^

Logophile said...

Susie~ No, you are my barefoot mistress, get it straight.

Thomas~ Congratulations, hope it takes this time.

Seamus~ Ain't it the truth!

Lime~ You definitely need to look up the Tick.

Damasta~ I am totally taking that as a compliment, I think he is quite quotable.

Diesel, Grunt~ I missed that! It was on while I was living in Italy and it didn't make it overseas.

Goldennib~ There are bonus points if you do and then report back.

Sar~ I don't know if you would call him clever.

Photocat~ Sounds like you are taking good care of her and having fun, what more could I ask? I've been enjoying your blog too, keep up the commentary, its great.

Minka~ It is mean! I know just waht you are talking about.

Robin~ Exactly!

Photocat~ Oh man, take care of yourselves, yikes.

Candace~ Its a mood specific thing for me, but oh man, in the right mood I can laugh myself sick over it.