Monday, December 11, 2006

Well, after a full week and an additional Monday

the verdict is in. Mr. Logo is a
and he LOVES it!!
I want to get him that patch from Archie McPhee's along with some Cubes ™ for him to play with when he hits a slow moment. In other new, he also has a laptop and carries a cell phone these days, who knew? He is a reformed Luddite. He even downloaded applications to his phone!! I'm so proud.
Ok, and to finish off this post, I have another poll.
Ok, the scene,
Logo has gone to meet the esteemed elder sister in a town about 30 minutes away from home. She has gone in Mr. Logo's commuter car (the crappy lil car in Logo lingo). Unlike her reasonably up-to-date vehicle this one does NOT automatically kill the lights when you turn off the engine. Can you see this one coming?
That's right, I drained the battery.
I checked the trunk- no jumper cables. So I called Mr. Logo and told him I needed a rescue.
Mr. Logo was disinclined to acquiesce to my request.
He suggested I have my sister take me to an automotive center and purchase some booster cables.
I did so, jumped the car and all was well.
There appears to be a difference of opinion regarding Mr. Logo's behavior.
Some regard his decision not to come to my rescue personally as an offense of the most egregious nature.
Now, I have dealt with car issues in the past. In fact, I've dealt with car issues in Greece and Italy. I have, due to necessity, known how to pop-start or jump an engine since shortly after I could drive.
So I regarded it as mildly annoying, but the big problem as far as I was concerned was not having cables in the car in the FIRST place. We fixed that though, so it was all good (I even got a bag for storing them).
Anyway, men, what would you do?
Ladies, what would you expect?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me, it would depend on what he was doing at the time and how inconvient it would have been for him to it. Plus, since I know how to take care of things myself, too, I'd only really expect it if it was something I couldn't do.

lime said...

there is part of me that finds it terribly ungallant of him not to rush to his lady's aid, however, i also know how to jump a car and have done so in a bad neighborhood at 11:30pm without even bothering to call mr. lime. it's good to be rescued but it's also good to be able to handle things yourself. i hope he at least fussed over you upon your return.

S said...

It all depends.
If you are a 90 pound 17 year old with a flat tire for the first time, I think your dad should come out and help you instead of making you walk back to the car, take off the tire yourself, and then roll it, yes, roll it to the gas station.
That is what my dad made me do, but we all know about him, dont we?

If you are an able bodied grown woman, and it's not pitch dark outside, or in 6 feet of snow, I think you oughta work it all out.

Then when you get home, he oughta kiss your talented handymom butt!
XXX

Anonymous said...

OK, here's what I think. You called him because you were in a situation that you wanted yourself extricated from, right? And didn't Mr. Logo's sage advice extricate you from this situation?

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime (now I'm getting hungry). Thanks to Mr. Logo's laziness ... er ... perspicacity, you now have jumper cables in the car. You now know how to fish! ;)

Breazy said...

I can understand where Mr. Logo is coming from . Like you said , I have know how to pop-start a car or jump an engine since before I got my license . When I get in a "pickle" with the car I automatically call my husband and sometimes he can give me a really good idea as to what to try , if that doesn't work he will come to my rescue or send someone . Thank goodness the car now has the cables !

Doug The Una said...

What I would do is stay as far as I can get from answering that question. And any man who answers it is a scoundrel.

S said...

LOL good selection of answers... I like Dans best!

Love you bubela!!!! Be good!

Stephanie said...

I have always had some fix-a-flat, triple a membership and jumper cables in whatever car I drive (I have no idea how to use them and rely on my 'I'm a helpless girl, please do this for me' look to have people do it for me). The red cable goes here and the black there but I am too afraid of zapping myself.

Thus far, Mr. Snavy has always come to the rescue when I asked and he wasn't over an hour away -- as he should. If he absolutely can't, I call my daddy.

Stephanie said...

Oh, when I ran out of gas the one time I ever did that, I told no one. I called triple a and they sent a guy who wouldn't yell at me.

Anonymous said...

Giving Mr. Logo his due and getting the sense that you can take care of yourself pretty fine, I vote to go easy on Mr. Logo.

I too enjoy the vision of my knight in shining armour coming to the rescue, but then in this case, practicality would settle in and I'd probably handle it.

Scissors would automatcially offer to come because he can't live with guilt, but I would probably have let him off the hook and he would quickly go back to the soccer game that he was watching.

Signed, G-nonymous

Logophile said...

Goldennib~ Yeah, I have to admit the main reason he even got a call was because there were no jumper cables in the crappy car. If there had been, he would have just gotten the update when I got home.

Limey~ He kept in touch with me periodically till I had the problem solved. I was clearly all aflutter NOT, after we realized the car was dead we decided to go out to eat before dealing with it
:p

Susie~ Check, and check. Score, we are all good here

Seamus~ I am hoping to find something with that logo on it for him to carry to work, maybe a lunchbox. Now, see, the alarm is a very good idea! That is what he needs.

Dan~ Actually, it was not so much I wanted extricated from a situation as it was that I frustrated and wanted to vent at him, which he handled pretty well and we got jumper cables in the car, so all's well that ends well. But Logo don't fish, she may read while others fish, but there will be no fishing.

Breazy~ My vehicle always has an emergency box, for everything from break downs to kid type incidents so the lack of cables was the part that got me too. We also have towing and roadside assistance with our insurance but I still called him :p I didn't want to take his dumb car to start out!

Doug~ Its opinion poll, and Mr. Logo is safe. I wasn't asking approval to skewer him. Just checking to see how other folks would handle a similar situation.

Susie~ mwah, be good!

Snavy~ My sister, when she was a single gal, used to call me to rescue her, including tire changing, etc. So, my only real excuse for calling him rather than dealing with it myself was that I was annoyed he didn't already have cables in the car and I wanted to make sure he knew about it.

G~ Mr. Logo did offer to send a guy he knew but the purchasing of the cables and handling it myself actually appealed to me more. It was no biggie to me.