Sunday, December 10, 2006

So, I have this thing

I have an extensive list of things I don't care to do.
That is the polite way my children and I tell each other we hate something.
Thing One used to get it all confused.
"Thing, would you like broccoli and banana bisque?"
"No, mommy, I don't forcare it."
"Good call, lil dude, let's have ice cream instead!"
But I digress.
On my list of things I don't forcare there is:
1.) Attend office parties featuring no one I know
2.) Getting all dressed up
3.) Going shopping
Well, guess what I am doing? Go ahead, guess, I betcha you'll get it!
I will be attending an office Christmas party for my husband's new place of employment at which the dress is "holiday cocktail attire."
If you were paying attention to the list you would have seen that item two (2) means this is not my dream evening and that I lack the wardrobe for such events which leads us to item three (3).
Friday I went to Seattle for the joint purposes of lunching with my beloved (that would be Mr. Logo!!) and shopping.
There were some little snags.
I sorta kinda lost my wallet temporarily,
AND
I was shopping with two small boys.
Needless to say,
I didn't find anything.
But that was ok, because the very next day I went on the Batan Death March,
no no no,
I mean, I went shopping with my esteemed elder sister,
who occasionally reads this blog and will be in no way criticized at any time.
She managed to find me a dress and the bits and pieces these dresses require.
So I present to you now,
Logo a la party dress mode.
The whole thing...
the fancy lil hemline with strappy heels...
the shiny lil doo-dad and a close out of the velvet burn out fabric, and.. OMG!! Did you see that?? I have CLEAVAGE!

The girls are quite happy in their booster seats and I guess since I will look ok and be comfortable I can survive a Christmas party, besides, it's going to be at the aquarium, that could be cool, right?
Sheesh, you men have it easy, stick on a tie with a tree and voila, you're done.
There's simply no justice in the world.

19 comments:

lime said...

rock it, mama! you look great. however i feel your pain. now imagine doing that shopping gig with two teenage girls and finding similarly formal attire that is APPROPRIATE for their ages. that was our joy as we looked for concert wear.

Anonymous said...

I thought "Holiday Cocktail Attire" meant already drunk and wheezing out "Jingle Bells" through a harmonica while dressed only in your underwear?

(Ummm, maybe that's why I haven't been invited back...)

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely spiffy. I hate your list of three, too.

Anonymous said...

Al: Maybe you forgot the lampshade. That will get you blacklisted everytime.

Anonymous said...

Whooooooooooooooo!!!
That's hot...
/Vera

S said...

That is a fabulous dress, my dear, and the girls do look lovely with that sparkly thingy betwixt them!

Well done! Well done!

Anonymous said...

I'd rather wear a dress to an office party than have to do #3 on your list.

Logophile said...

Lime~ I do not envy you, my dear. I am glad you survived it.

Al~ That might explain it, I what would happen if I do that...

Nessa~ You have excellent taste, and thank you!

Vera~ Aw, you say the sweetest things. Mr. Logo said, "Niiice, I'd do ya."

Susie~ Thank you, and I even went shopping as you commanded rather than order online. See how cooperative I can be?

Seamus~ Now that is just a matter of taste. Sadly the dress will not fit well under protective gear, so Red Molly will have to remain at home. But that would be quite the entrance, eh?

Logophile said...

Diesel~ I hear ya. After spending several hours shopping I collapsed and slept for over 12 hours. It sucks my energy, my will to life and probably the calcium from my bones, I should never be made to do it.

Sar said...

Now that's what I call getting all dolled up - nicely done!

And admit it, you thought of your curly sis when you went a lookin for strappy heels, right? right? ;)

Stephanie said...

You look stunning.

They do have it easy.

Ya know what's even worse? Getting yourself and 3 girls ready for anything, never mind fancy. And, to make all that so much more enjoyable is having a stupid man sitting on the couch watching sports center complaining that you're taking too long.

But, I digress....sxoopm

Stephanie said...

sxoopm was the word veri

i didn't mean for that to post

Breazy said...

WOW! You look great ! I keep finding things that you and I have in common, not to mention our first names. I hate shopping and I hate dressing up for parties where I know no one . You will look great for the party! Have a good week!

S said...

OK I am so still laughing at:
"OMG!! Did you see that?? I have CLEAVAGE!"

And that face! You look both lovely and funny at the same time!
Knock em dead in that outfit missy!
XXX

One day you can explain to me how you get the girls up that high and still keep em from falling out when you lean over!

Dont lean over? Oh, ok?
XX

C said...

Hot CHILI Mama!!!

I'm throwing most of the grammar rules out of the window for the following:

I don't forcare the orifice Christmas parties either. In fact, I loathe them.

Dressing up can be fun, unless it's for a place I don't want to be, which is most dress-up-required places.

I don't have any idea what Holiday Cocktail Dress (or whatever it's called) would entail, and would have to Google it and hope I could put together something that didn't make me look like an uncouth idiot. (good luck there, Me)

I pretty much hate clothes shopping for myself except for once in a while. And even then, it loses its charm with extreme rapidity.

Kudos to you for not only surviving the ordeal, but for coming out all hot and sassy and cleavaged and stuff. ^_^

Logophile said...

Sar~ How could I ever look at a strappy heel and NOT think of my sassy sis?

Snavy~ I like sxoopm, its very Dr. Seuss. Have I ever mentioned I throw things?
Mr. Logo would very soon see the error of his ways on that one.

Breazy~ Aw, thanks, you have a good one too.

Bare~ :P Its all about angles and suspension. Ok, actually its lights and mirrors, but you know, go with it.

Blither~ Thank you! They are going to feed the harbor seals while we are there so that ought to be interesting. Fancy clothes and the scent of fish, yummeh!

Candace~ Oooh yeah, I hear ya. Thank goodness we can shop online:D
Hot, sassy and cleavaged, party on!
Thanks!

The Grunt said...

Shopping sux!

Black dress, nice!

Anonymous said...

Hacha-ch-ch-cha and zowey! You look great - hope the orifice party is bearable. Dressed like that, I'm sure it will be.

I don't really forcare shopping when I am forced to buy something in particular, no mam.

Signed, G because I didn't log in to my blog - drat! This blogger beta is annoying like that.

Logophile said...

Grunt~ That it does, and thanks!

G~ I am so glad to know I am not the only one who finds that less than fulfilling. Zowie, hee hee