Saturday, January 27, 2007

The photos

Here are the snotgobblers preparing to enter the PSC Grossology exhibit.

Inside they met Nigel, who has a dreadful cold.
The very nice lady scientist explained the wonder that is mucus and Thing One and his friend listened intently, learning that we swallow approximately a quart of snot a day.
Meanwhile, in a manner so typically him, Thing Two went around the back and decided to investigate how much annoyance Nigel would endure.
Then he went over to the digestive tract.
Here he has made his way through the stomach and is proceeding to the intestines,
and here has reached the exit.
Then the Things experimented with the large scale Operation game they had set up.
Thing Two was quite skilled. He can remove your kidney in three seconds flat.
The child could have a shining career in the black market organ business.

This next picture is...
well,
I will tell you what it is and you share your impressions.
This exhibit has four scent bottles that you match to the appropriate selection.
The four possibilities are: foot, armpit, mouth, and anus.

None of the boys stuck with it through all four scents, clever lads.
Next, Thing One and his pal got to enjoy the wonders of reverse peristalsis.It was really a completely lovely day.

13 comments:

S said...

Ok now that is totally gross, but in a cool way!
Now if Thing Two is interested, I could probably find him a job in organ transplant in Kolkotta....

lime said...

oh man, i so totally wish i could go!

and i notice the lady scientist had on some tie dyed duds!

Minka said...

Now that is the kind of learning I like. Can I come next time? I behave, promise!

Breazy said...

LOL! My son would probably love to do something like that. Sounds like fun was had by all !

Logophile said...

Actonbell~ Im not sure Im ready to take them to THAT exhibit, yikes.

Susie~ Im so not passing that message on to him.

Limey~ It has some very interesting factiods and overall it was pretty good. I did NOT smell the scent bottles, nuh uh.

Monika~ You betcha, baby! Come on, and if you don't wanna behave... I'm fine with that too, after all, I am accustom to dealing with the Things and their friends.

Breazy~ I bet he would love it, I know mine sure did! It was an exhausting day, but good fun.

Anonymous said...

It really does look completely lovely. Reminds me of our OMSI...

Hope you are well toots. I understand a mutual friend is sending you my images? Hmmm...did you sign the confidentiality agreement?

Robin said...

That looks like so much fun! Is it a traveling exhibit?

Dan said...

What fun photos! By the way, judging by his expression, it seems clear that Thing Two realizes just what he must be (figuratively speaking of course) when he reached the end of the digestive tract.

Fitting color for the matt, huh?

Fig said...

My daughter would LOVE to go there... she got a big kick out of the pics... specially the part about the "smells" .

Stephanie said...

Julia hocked up her first luggie (don't care how it's spelled)today...

I was so proud!

Jacob said...

A quart of snot a day? A QUART? Of snot? A DAY?! Hmmmm....a quart of snot a day. Who'd-a-thunk it? Makes me want to ask Snav if Julia threw her head back and recovered what she hocked. The Things have much stronger stomachs than I. They look like totally awesome boys.

Hobbes said...

Great, and great pictures. I had a chance to take the kids to that in Nashville last summer, but opted for Andrew Jackson's home instead, reasoning that grossness was at various places, whereas Andrew Jackson's home was only at Nashville. Hope I didn't make a mistake. . . .

Kyahgirl said...

logo, that is so funny, just the kind of thing that kids would love!