Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

The Things were to go shopping with their papa leaving me to my own devices for a few sweet, precious hours this afternoon. Since the temperature was so close to the 50s I decided on a little adventure out with the girls would be just the ticket. I got out my Kevlar Tori pants as well as some long johns (I learned my lesson last week), then layered a thermal shirt, a sweatshirt, a polar fleece and leather jacket on top.
My boots are big enough that double socks were no problem. Delicate little things, eh?
Add a scarf and double gloves (Isotoners under leather) and I was finally bundled up and ready to go.
HAHAHA, windchill, I laugh in your general direction!

Mr. Logo claims that although he doesn't have motorcycle lust for Red Molly, he does rather envy my new helmet.

It's a Scorpion Rivet and eversoloverly and safe.
And now, here she is,

first time ever in blog,

the actual Red Molly.

Innit she purdy? Innit she, innit she?

She has gorgeous silvery flames on the tank and the rear fender as seen below.

I do love going on rides with the boys, but Molly and I are still in those delicate early stages of our relationship, just getting to know each other. Learning how to move together, how to handle curves, how far she can be pushed before she starts to whine, you know, all that sort of thing.

It's a great way to spend some time before starting a whole new week. Lots of teaching this week, and not just my kids, tutoring high school kids and all that good stuff as well. Thing Two also appears to have contracted himself a lovely little virus. The fun never ends, people, NEVER.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice bike. I'd probably kill myself on it, but it definitely looks like a lot of fun. And cold. It looks real cold. But then again, it's below zero where I'm at right now. Typing this comment is cold.

Hobbes said...

O. k. he's not jealous, but if you started calling it "Sexy Mike" and talking about "his" lines and power and the way it feels to ride "him"--I think you see where I'm going here. Quite the sexy machine.

The Grunt said...

Red Molly is the perfect woman.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy...love it...have fun...

lime said...

oooohh....i am haveing SERIOUS bike envy! i need to get me to washington so you can take me out on red molly.

Breazy said...

Red Molly is absolutely gorgeous! It is always good to have safe equipment to protect the noggin and not only that but it is very stylish ! I hope Thing Two feels better soon !

Joe Jubinville said...

Are you sure you can still move with all that on? And yes, Red Molly is gorgeous. Speaking of which, here's my wonderful friend Robin sampling my suzuki

I do envy your Rivet though. Even in wild and wooly no-helmet Florida, I've been known to wear a helmet once in a while.

Minka said...

Now that´s what I call a ride. She is purdy indeed!
As are you ;)

S said...

Ooh shes pretty!!!! I am so glad that you are the type to carefully bundle and protect yourself before engaging in such activities!

Looks like a lot of fun!

And I love Red Molly!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Man, she is purdy. Makes me wish I had one. Oh well, at least I have a fun car.

Logophile said...

Dorky dad~ I usually won't ride if it's under about 55, I don't like to be cold. But sometimes you gotta do whatcha gotta do and oooooh MAN is it fun!

Weirsdo~ An excellent suggestion, thank you. Mr. Logo can expect to be goaded at my convenience ;p

Grunty~ Well, we needed one on the family.

Cheedrea~ I will, I do, I am!

Lime~ Get your motor running...

Breazy~ Thanks, that little man really could have timed it better, ya know?

Joe~ I could still move a little, there is a reason I don't usually ride when its this cold, sheesh, takes a while to get all that on and off! Your bike and your pal are both LOVELY.

Minka~ Aaaw, thanks!

Susie~ Come back over and see me and I'll take you for a nice long ride on her.

Diesel~ Yes, have fun in your cage, heh heh heh.

DaMasta said...

Nice tail! (the one with the flames) ;o)

You def look very bundled up and nice boots! Reowr!

Stephanie said...

I have absolutely no bike envy but ... I very happy that you're happy with your lovely Red Molly (she is purdy).

Claire said...

Red Molly is quite lovely. Hubby and I went for a ride this weekend on his goldwing. But the best part is I practiced riding 'my' bike. Its a Honda 750 LeSabre 1983- so it is almost a classic. It is the biggest motorcycle I've ever ridden so it will take a little getting used to...
You've inspired me!

Unknown said...

Logo: YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED. (Six Weird Things ...)

Jacob said...

My dear and sweet and still alive Logophile. Please be more than extra careful on your beautiful red donorcycle. My M.R.E. (most recent ex) has an SV650. After tasting pavement twice when I was much younger, I gave those particular machines up. Both incidents had to do with other drivers. Airplanes are also not perfectly safe. But for some reason I feel more comfortable flying than riding. Do I live in a fool's paradise; a wise man's hell? (Heschel)

I clicked on Somewhere Joe's link to his supposed Suzuki. I don't see a bike in that picture. I don't see an overpass. I don't see other cars parked in a lot. Just some blonde. That's all I see.

DaMasta said...

whoa. my comments say "erica" now.. how'd it do dat??


damnbloggergmail*grumblegrumblegrumble*