Thursday, February 15, 2007

A horrible Ogre Day to you all, and enjoy it good health.

Ogre Day is a little something created by Doug, the cuddly curmudgeon, for those who wish to spend Valentine's Day awaiting Ogre day which is best spent in "quiet serenity and frightening small children."
Doug explains it thus:
"About Ogre Day: Ogre Day is an ancient custom whose obscurest origins have been traced as far back as Friday-ish. Established by curmudgeonly proclamation as a rememberance that even in the midst of blooming romance, roses and chocolate some folks would just as soon cuss as coo, Ogre Day is a holiday for the ennobled surly. Bother. Historians document that it was established on February 15th with the suggestion that this would allow the chic and romanticy to celebrate Valentine's Day in blissful obsession. Gullibility being a trait of the romantic even unto a good explanation for strange hair on the jacket and lipstick under the arm, the proposal was accepted without notice that Valentine's Day would henceforth be known as Ogre Day Eve. Hmph."
Did you know 36 on the periodic table of elements is Krypton?
Were you aware that the APA's Division 36 is the Psychology of Religion?
Robert DeNiro and George Cloony are going to star in a movie called "36."
Isn't that fascinating?

13 comments:

Bsoholic said...

HA! Brilliant!

Horrible Ogre Day!

Anonymous said...

LMAO @ 'traced as far back as Friday-ish'!!!!

Did you know that 36 is the age of one of the bestest (or might I say bousest?) bloggers you know?

S said...

LOL Friday-ish...

Have a lousy Ogre Day!
GROWLLLLL!!!

lime said...

i think my father was the original originator of ogre day, which was later adopted by Mr. Lime. i think it goes well past friday-ish.

now about this 36 thing...i am entirely confused...

Gill said...

I too, am 36. Should I be proud or scared?

Jacob said...

Snavy and Blue are definitely Krytonic. I weaken, as would any Super Man, every time I get anywhere near them. But you, Ms. Phile, you bolster me. This makes you Bolsteric. You bolsterically bolster me. I sit bolstered. Unfortunately, this day after Valentine's, also holstered.

Jacob said...

Kryptonic! Sheesh.

Minka said...

It sounds liek him to come up with a day where cynicism and growling at small children should be celebrated.
I bet my favourite pair of jeans that he spends teh 14th of february under a sheet, locked indoors ...

Anonymous said...

36 is a super cool age to be. heheheheheeeeeeeee!

Doug The Una said...

Horrible Ogre Day's blessing on you, Logo. Grrr.

Unknown said...

You know, I'm 36, too. OK, now that's just creepy.

And thanks for the information. This, Logo, is why I visit your site.

Jacob said...

So has this become the Triple Dozen Club, or what! Sheesh.

Anonymous said...

BS~ :p I do quite like the idea of Ogre Day, wanna borrow my kids so you can scare em?

Snavy~ That Doug is a funny man, and thanks for keeping 36 warm for me, I'll be right there!

Susie~ Grrrrr, I got a LOVELY package, thanks, baby.

Lime~ Sunday is very important day in relation to 36. All will be revealed.

Blue~ You should be proud and happy, I hear its a great age!

Gawpo~ I shall take that as a compliment regarding my uplifting nature rather than an observation regarding the more pillow like aspects of my physical traits :p

Minka~ Nah, I bet he goes to work and growls back handed pleasantries at people. Why waste a day off when he could be traipsing through Germany? But I have to say I am all for a day to celebrate scaring children. :D

Cindra~ This is what I am hearing. I'll take a pic and let you know how it looks on me.

Doug~ Aw, now isn't that sweet, mwah! And a horrible Orge day to you, and may it dwell in your heart all year round.

Dorky dad~ Oh good, so I will have good company when I get there...old man :p

Gawpo~ Sure, and would you like to join us, as an elderly advisor person? We sure could use your sage wisdom, oh venerable one.