Wednesday, February 07, 2007

More than you needed to know

OK, just to clarify, I am not a hater of romance. I am not a hater of love, hearts, flowers (as long as they are not the sneeze inducing sort) or men of any kind and especially not of Mr. Logo specifically. On the contrary, I think he is AWESOME. With that disclaimer out of way let us return to the pressing matter of...
the punkass card of the day.
heh heh heh
A couple posts ago I mentioned pens in a meme and since they seemed a popular topic I am revisiting, with PICTURES!
Here are a couple of my amazing drug company pens along with my Parker. The drug companies are putting some nice writing implements out there.

This is my favorite "cheap" pen.

I am NOT it's only enthusiast.Next on my list of things to blather on about are a couple of items of which I am VERY fond and and cannot get anymore. I found these next products at my beloved tea shoppe and I am very sad that the company is discontinuing them. I am almost out, ACK!
Next up is a lipstick from Aveda. A friend who worked at a salon got me hooked on this exact shade and NOW Aveda doesn't carry it anymore. I suppose I could go to a salon someday and ask for some assistance.

It's just not on the top of my priority list.
Maybe I will just try to find some thing I like from Besame. But it is a little tricky to shop for lipstick online.

Purchased overseas, not available anywhere I've asked locally, and not yet available online. It's a lovely lemonish smell and you don't end up with that eau de Froot Loops scent. I miss it.

Next, the bedroom set Thing One wants. We saw it at IKEA this last weekend.

Next we move on to a question.
Why do I seem to collect multiples of items that no one would ever need more than one of?

Three robes of almost identical length and weight.

Why?

Next, three neck/heat thingees.
It's true that on occasion I get a sore neck but even so,
I've never needed more than one of these!
Next, something most woman have more of, but here are mine.

I do have a couple pairs of dressy heels not shown in this pic, and rock climbing shoes. I think my grand total is under 15 pairs all told, including the motorcycle boots in this pic. Mr. Logo has more shoes than I do but I try to make up for it, by collecting these...
BAGS!

My bags take up about as much of the closet as my clothes do. The sick, sad, strange part of this is: I carry a purse less than once a week on average. I can't explain it. Sometimes they just sing to me, and I must bring them home.

18 comments:

The Grunt said...

Oh, I just love their lipstick! Ever seen "Pennies From Heaven"?

Joe Jubinville said...

Remember Burger King's Breakfast Buddies? Jalapeno Poppers? Soon as they come out with something you like, the discontinue it.

Anonymous said...

I have found the perfect shade of lipstick if they ever discontinued it .. Head would roll!! Shit, maybe I should go out and purchase 1OO Tubes.

Bags are a need, not a want.

Anonymous said...

I have 2 purple, terry cloth robes but they are TOTALLY different.

1 is for summer and 1 is for winter.

lime said...

i really HATE when my favorite things are discontinued. most irritating.

i nee da new robe and have far fewer purses, maybe like 6? and still it's too many. i hate carrying them

Anonymous said...

Holy crap girlie~ what a fun post! I love that card, you know you thought about me when you like, totally read it the first time, I swear!
I wanna do a clothes N stuff post!
Plus, IKEA rocks!
If you need help building it, I will come up there for the price of a plane...ok ok, nice try I know.

Now....I will try to post a special Valentine just for you on Hijacked if it will let me....

S said...

Alas I cannot post on Hijacked..the Valentine will have to wait.

Breazy said...

Hello! I miss you all!

Jacob said...

The bedroom set Thing 1 is admiring has been a plan in my head for over 25 years. I had it built out of 4X4 post and 2X6 bed frame. But the whole idea creates so much space and you get to sleep up where the heat is in the winter. This is not a summer bed situation, however. That huge house I lived in back in the 70s and early 80s had very high ceilings.

Jacob said...

Per Logo's and my phone conversation a moment ago, I thought I should let our friends know what we figured out about why Aveda products are so expensive. I suggested that they use ground up diamonds. She then went to suggesting that they use ground up baby bones. I then went to stem cells from the ground up baby bones. That then led to why people who use their lipstick are reporting being cured of their liver cancer. Company slogan: "Aveda. Sometimes you need to BABY yourself."

egan said...

You should give Thing One what he wants. I so wanted a room like that when I was a kid and now it's simply too late. I can live vicariously through him. To Ikea we go!

Claire said...

I know what you mean about stuff 'singing' to you. I buy jewelry and makeup, but hardly wear it. I just like knowing I could if I wanted too. Must be a crazy girl thing... or I could just be crazy?

Anonymous said...

Grunt~ Yeah yeah, now THAT is a picture I am not posting.

Joe~ Mmmmm, pepper poppers, yum. It does seem like my favorite stuff often ends up disappearing.

Blither~ I would suggest you get an extra one or two anyway. As for bags, well, yeah, what you said.

Snav~ I had to get rid of my summer robe, it was toast. Those three are all pretty heavy winter type robes.

Lime~ Discontinuation is a bad thing. I usually just have a wallet in my back pocket so the bag thing is a strange addition, but there it is.

Susie~ I like, so totally thought of you, fer sure! :p
Get your ass up here already, we will go get it and build it!

Breazy~ mwah! I need your new address, woman!

Gawpo~ It is pretty cool, we will be checking into it. And you're not sposta TELL people how twisted we are, heh heh heh

Egan~ As you wish, it's on the list of things to get someday. Then you can come for a sleep over, score!

Claire~ Well, Mr. Logo has a shoe thing, and a couple other things, so I don't get TOOO much flack about it. But yeah, it may just be a crazy girl thing.

Anonymous said...

I hear you, sistah...that was fun! I am a total bag lady too...and rarely use them.

Unknown said...

OH MAN! I NEED THOSE PENS!!! GIMME THOSE PENS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cindra~ Really? Cool, once again you are a kindred spirit. There are some that I can easily pass up, but some, well, they long for me, what can I do?

Dorky dad~ It's ok, hon, breathe, in with the good air, out with the INSANITY! :p I have lots more, I told you, send your name, address, social security number, date of birth, and credit card numbers, and they are yours!

Hobbes said...

Love that bedroom set. We took out the bottom of Toyplayer's guest bunk, so there's room, but the thing is a bit unstable.
I have fewer shoes than you. Mall Diva, who has more (than you) would say it's because I'm a "feminist," which she puts in disparaging quotation marks.

Gill said...

In keeping with the theme of your post for today...
Purses=Love.
Right?
My closet is full of them. Each season lends itself to a new small change that renders last seasons bag worthless.
Must buy more purses.....